This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me or do the new pokemon suck?

#81ValkyrieFreyaPosted 2/10/2013 7:10:09 PM
Caltenburn posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
temgun posted...
asdfggghh1 posted...
Nah, he's partially right.

All generations had had examples of bad designs, but from Gen II forward they were slightly less...good.
Yes, there are some great ones in Gen V, but there is also some really bad ones.

Apples and oranges. I think Gen III has the best pokemon design of all. Everyone has their own favorites. This whole "This generation is the best and everyone who disagrees are wrong" mentality is just silly.

Yep, this is just what it boils down to. And as I already stated elsewhere, every bad Gen V example has an equally bad Gen I example. And THAT makes the following plausible:
Genwunners suck.

You've got to be kidding me. The sheer number of ridiculous names and weird looking pokemon in gen 5 aren't comparable to the classic pokemon of gen 1.

What, you mean classics like Lickitung and Exeggcute?
#82Ansem_the_evilPosted 2/10/2013 7:15:43 PM
Looks like another genwunner shows up here
---
My 3DS FC: 1332-7692-1950
#83Caltenburn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 7:28:57 PM
ValkyrieFreya posted...
Caltenburn posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
temgun posted...
asdfggghh1 posted...
Nah, he's partially right.

All generations had had examples of bad designs, but from Gen II forward they were slightly less...good.
Yes, there are some great ones in Gen V, but there is also some really bad ones.

Apples and oranges. I think Gen III has the best pokemon design of all. Everyone has their own favorites. This whole "This generation is the best and everyone who disagrees are wrong" mentality is just silly.

Yep, this is just what it boils down to. And as I already stated elsewhere, every bad Gen V example has an equally bad Gen I example. And THAT makes the following plausible:
Genwunners suck.

You've got to be kidding me. The sheer number of ridiculous names and weird looking pokemon in gen 5 aren't comparable to the classic pokemon of gen 1.

f*** yeah.
---
u am no real super sand
#84Grey_TygrePosted 2/10/2013 9:47:19 PM
Soooo every generation has had its good and bad designs.

I can live with that.

My Conkeldurr will shake my Machamp's hand(s) while my Trubbish hangs out with my Muk. I'm good with that. I don't know if any generation has really -sucked- flat out, but for me the least memorable was Ruby/Sapphire. I think that was less the Pokemon and more the story/characters.

Though to be honest I haven't liked any of the "teams" since Team Rocket, but I think that's just 'cause Rocket had so much personality from the shows and whatnot along with the nostalgia factor. Plus Jessie and James.
---
3DS FC is 4081-5496-3902
#85Leighton04Posted 2/10/2013 10:30:00 PM
Gurdurr and Conkeldurr es numero uno!!!
---
I am the law
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yLFYJrirzQ&feature=related
#86Kaze_MemaryuPosted 2/10/2013 10:41:23 PM
Caltenburn posted...
ValkyrieFreya posted...
Caltenburn posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
And as I already stated elsewhere, every bad Gen V example has an equally bad Gen I example. And THAT makes the following plausible:
Genwunners suck.

f*** yeah.

Yep, Muk and Magnemite don't exist. Same goes for Dragonite and Farfetch'd.
it's actually easy to find such examples in every Gen - those wacky names and weird looks are part of comical relief.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans