This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

coming back to pokemon after years...

#1sithgod513Posted 2/9/2013 2:40:53 AM
I havent played a pokemon game in years and years, the last ones I played was like gold/silver, red/blue, im about to buy a 3ds so im wondering if anyone can tell me which game to buy, there are several out that I havent played but im only looking to get one atm, so should I just grab the black version 2 or start some where else first? thanks in advance for any advice.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
#2ElectricNovaPosted 2/9/2013 3:13:37 AM
Black2/White2 is a good place to start, but I'd also reccomend either Pokemon Platinum and/or Heartgold/Soulsilver, as they might help you to ease into the series again better.

Heartgold/Soulsilver will feel more familiar to you, as it's a remake of Gold/Silver/Crystal and is refined and well made and Platinum is large and full of content. Also Pokemon from these games can be transferred to Black/White2.

Black/White 2 will feel less familiar but if you don't mind that go for them as they are the most refined games yet and have the most content yet

Hope this helped
---
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#3sonicqaz2Posted 2/9/2013 6:03:00 AM
I was in the same boat. I bought black 2, played it and it was great. I just got a ds lite and bought sapphire. I'm now going through the older games I missed.
---
XBOX GT: Lucky Duck 55
#4sithgod513(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:05:51 AM
k thanks guys I think ill just start with black 2, or white 2, for some reason I want black more lol, but ill probably end up getting some older ones at some point as well, cant wait to play it I always loved these games.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.