This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Started Playing Emerald Again! Team Input!

#1protobakurionPosted 2/11/2013 9:27:05 AM
Yay! Pokemon Emerald, one of my all time favorite Pokemon games. I thought I would start and play this game again but with a twist: Use Pokemon of different types. I thought out this team.

Blaziken
Ludicolo
Gardevoir
Aggron
Flygon
???

The problem with the last slot is that I can't figure out if I want to use a Ghost, Normal, Dark, or Poison type Pokemon. I can get Gulpin right now. Absol, Duskull, and Kecleon come later though. Should I wait until later or just get Gulpin?
---
---
The Official Shiny Chespin and Shiny Porygon Z of the Pokemon X/Y boards and Official Draconeon of the Eevee Corp.
#2wheeling_gamerPosted 2/11/2013 10:06:36 AM(edited)
I would say get a Dark Type. Dark types help you immensely against the Elite Four, and your other Pokémon can cover the weaknesses. It can also help fill in some holes in your team when it comes to weaknesses (Blazeikin's psychic weakness, for example).

Don't bother getting a poison type; they're one of the worst types in any of the Pokémon games, since the main game primarily focuses on offense, and poison types don't have much of that.

You can get a Ghost type, but is not as useful as the dark type, and that weakness to its own type really hurts.

Normal types suffer from the problem that there is no way they can score a super effective hit and a STAB attack. Kecloeon is one of the exceptions, but I still would not recommend it.

Do you need any help on choosing individual Pokémon? I've used most of them, so I can give you some input.
---
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
#3protobakurion(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 10:09:50 AM
wheeling_gamer posted...
I would say get a Dark Type. Dark types help you immensely against the Elite Four, and your other Pokémon can cover the weaknesses. It can also help fill in some holes in your team when it comes to weaknesses (Blazeikin's psychic weakness, for example).

Don't bother getting a poison type; they're one of the worst types in any of the Pokémon games, since the main game primarily focuses on offense, and poison types don't have much of that.

You can get a Ghost type, but is not as useful as the dark type, and that weakness to its own type really hurts.

Normal types suffer from the problem that there is no way they can score a super effective hit and a STAB attack. Kecloeon is one of the exceptions, but I still would not recommend it.

Do you need any help on choosing individual Pokémon? I've used most of them, so I can give you some input.

Sure. It will be greatly appreciated. The ones I listed on the team are going to stay. What dark types do you recommend?
---
---
The Official Shiny Chespin and Shiny Porygon Z of the Pokemon X/Y boards and Official Draconeon of the Eevee Corp.
#4wheeling_gamerPosted 2/11/2013 10:28:58 AM
Mighyena is pretty good and you can get it early on. It's not the strongest, but it is the easiest to use, since it learns attacks of its type fairly early. It's not the strongest overall, and you'll be seeing it commonly.

Absol has great Attack, making it a good candidate for Shadow Ball. However, it is fairly slow and does not learn its first Dark type attack until level 25. It also is rather frail, and is quite hard to find.

Sableye is nice, boasting no weakness and a decent move pool. Also makes the beginning of the game a joke due to this.

Carvanna/Sharpedo is fast, but frail. Rough Skin is a nice ability, since Sharpedo's fighting weakness means that it will be hit by contact attacks. You'll probably want either this or Crawdaunt, sent to add some variety with the Water Type and also gives you access to Surf without using a HM slave.

The same can be said for Crawdaunt, although it trades movepool and speed for an earlier joining time and not being as frail. Also note that you won't actually gain the Dark type until it evolves.

Overall, I'd say it's a matter of preference, because they all have their good and bad points.
---
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
#5PolimarioPosted 2/11/2013 10:34:57 AM
I recommend either Crawdaunt or Shiftry.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VXDSChH.png
Someone hit that reset button before we see Master Chief with a Keyblade. - TVirusPredator
#6protobakurion(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 10:47:16 AM
I might go with Absol. Thanks.
---
---