This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lapras - anyone know how to catch one?

#21xfyrenxPosted 2/12/2013 8:05:48 AM
Well, I still have a few from that earlier batch. All males, though if you want I can try to get another female.
---
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
SID - KarmaTheAlligator
#22CharizardFirePosted 2/12/2013 8:19:36 AM
Does it show up more often during Summer or not?

It's an Ice-type. If the seasons had an effect on its encounter rate (they don't), it would be easier to find in the winter.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.
#23BlissedIgnorancPosted 2/12/2013 8:21:01 AM
I basically spammed repels in the village bridge area for mine, only took maybe a half an hour this time around (on my other game it took like two days) but Lapras is a much needed component against any Dragon users since ice pokemon are hard to come by pre E4.

Long story short? I lurved my Lapras until my Krookodile learned Outrage. >_>;
---
Sic Semper Tyrannis
#24WizardofHoth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 7:47:36 PM
Never mind. I guess I dont need to trade for someone else's Lapras.

I was horsing around surfing on Waillord and I managed to run into a female Lapras from the water ripple thing. Didnt get to catch it since my Electric sheep type pokmeon overdit it with a shock attack which I was tryin to paralyze it but accidently KO'd it.

And I do think Lapras pokemon show more more in the summer time thats my theory or whatever
#25DKU_ArichPosted 2/12/2013 7:55:58 PM
Tali_Zorah posted...
I nearly went insane hunting rippling water in Village Bridge.

Rippling water is one of the most incredibly annoying aspects of catching every Pokemon. I'm filling up the Habitat List at the moment and some of the water ones have been brutal (Politoed AND Lapras have Perish Song, for example).

That 1% Dragonite also wasn't too terribly fun to find and right now I'm hunting for Octillery (though I've ran into like 6 Lanturns in the process which have the same rarity rate).
#26ChewedMintPosted 2/12/2013 8:03:17 PM
I got so annoyed trying to catch a Lapras. I found one quickly, but of course it had to use perish song. So I surfed around in the water under Village Bridge for a while looking for rippling water. Couldn't find another one, all I found were Basculin and a ton of Marills. I ended up trading for one on the GTS.
---
Black 2 FC: 3096 6163 6524
#27DKU_ArichPosted 2/12/2013 8:17:10 PM
I use regular Poke Balls to catch everything and nailed Lapras before it killed itself. It was pretty intense.

My first Politoed went bye-bye, though. That's when I realized the brutality of Perish Song :P