This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wanting to get back into Pokemon should I start here?

#1Frakkster13Posted 2/12/2013 8:19:32 PM
Hey guys, it has been a few years since I have even touched a Pokemon game, I think it was pearl. However, since I got a 3dsxl last month I have really wanted to get back into Pokemon. Would this game be a good place to start again(don't care too much for story). Also how important is it to play attention to EV's and IV's in this game? especially at the beginning or do they they not come into play till multi-player? And is there anything I should know before I get this? Thanks for any help you can give!
#2cosmicstarfish1Posted 2/12/2013 9:31:36 PM
yea i was in the same place you were a month ago and definately worth it imo
---
GT: xDeadheadx420
Black 2 FC: 2194 6824 5699
#3CelesEsperIce3Posted 2/12/2013 9:36:33 PM
Frakkster13 posted...
Hey guys, it has been a few years since I have even touched a Pokemon game, I think it was pearl. However, since I got a 3dsxl last month I have really wanted to get back into Pokemon. Would this game be a good place to start again(don't care too much for story). Also how important is it to play attention to EV's and IV's in this game? especially at the beginning or do they they not come into play till multi-player? And is there anything I should know before I get this? Thanks for any help you can give!

This is a great game to jump back in and get warmed up for X/Y. I had the most fun with this one. Something about the habitat list made me hunt down things like crazy.
Only important to pay attention to those for multi-player or tournaments. I ignored them until after final four.
You should skim the general story of the first ones, but not really make or break important.
You should know that somewhere somehow a duck is watching you at all times.
---
Go ahead, believe everything the media tells you, they would never lie to you, right?
#4WizardofHothPosted 2/13/2013 9:04:42 AM
For me I havent played any other Pokemon after Fire Red.

This year starting last month in January, Pokemon Black 2 is my first Pokemon game in years for a brand new Pokemon game.

Then I went and bought HeartGold to go back into the older stuff.

I still need to get Platinum and maybe Diamond since I think Diamond you're supposed to transfer some pokemon from HeartGold's Pal Park thing or whatever