This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Suggesting a new format... Ratios (suggested before)

#1gwaposidemzPosted 2/13/2013 1:52:25 AM
So to make battling a little interesting we put a limit for teams by assigning a number. My suggestion is 6 since you can only put 6 pokes in a team. We put pokemon in tiers or ratios which are represented in game.

Smogon Banlists will be included and Ubers will not be used
Ratio
OU-3
BL-2.5
UU-2
BL2-1.5
RU-1
NU-0

If we have a ratio of 6 you can put 2 BL Poke, 1 RU and 3 NU pokemon or 2 OU and 4 NU Pokes.

So yeah what do you guys think?
---
Veronica!! Veronica!! Yan ang gusto ko sa babae yung lumalaban!!!!!
-Romy Diaz R.I.P. Best Bad Boy in the Philippine Movie Industry
#2coreekymonPosted 2/13/2013 3:01:42 AM
It's an alright idea I don't really see any problems with it, but at the same time something about it just doesn't seem appealing. Maybe it's the lack of simplicity, I know it's not that hard to keep track of a few numbers but still it's not elegantly simple.
---
My Pokemon guide: pkmntrainercory.blogspot.com Check it out!
Shinji X Asuka is the most sacred pairing in all of anime. That is an unnegotiable fact.
#3gwaposidemz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 3:40:31 AM
Please do elaborate? Adding numbers and creating teams are easy enough. Now creating a team synergy with such limited numbers or Pokemon will make it interesting.
---
Veronica!! Veronica!! Yan ang gusto ko sa babae yung lumalaban!!!!!
-Romy Diaz R.I.P. Best Bad Boy in the Philippine Movie Industry
#4coreekymonPosted 2/13/2013 4:09:57 AM
As I said before I can't really explain it, there's just something about it that doesn't appeal to me. Maybe it would be great, I don't know, I'm not at all against more formats. But what I was trying to get at is that it may be too elaborate, even if it's not hard to understand. I don't know if anyone gets what I'm trying to say, but it's just like adding in a bunch of restrictions to make a new format. The current tier system only has restrictions for the sake of balance and to give all pokemon a place they can thrive. This format creates restrictions for the sake of restrictions basically forcing a new play style. That might not be a terrible thing, but that's about the best way I can describe why I don't think I'd like it.
---
My Pokemon guide: pkmntrainercory.blogspot.com Check it out!
Shinji X Asuka is the most sacred pairing in all of anime. That is an unnegotiable fact.