Suggesting a new format... Ratios (suggested before)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Suggesting a new format... Ratios (suggested before)

User Info: gwaposidemz

gwaposidemz
3 years ago#1
So to make battling a little interesting we put a limit for teams by assigning a number. My suggestion is 6 since you can only put 6 pokes in a team. We put pokemon in tiers or ratios which are represented in game.

Smogon Banlists will be included and Ubers will not be used
Ratio
OU-3
BL-2.5
UU-2
BL2-1.5
RU-1
NU-0

If we have a ratio of 6 you can put 2 BL Poke, 1 RU and 3 NU pokemon or 2 OU and 4 NU Pokes.

So yeah what do you guys think?
Veronica!! Veronica!! Yan ang gusto ko sa babae yung lumalaban!!!!!
-Romy Diaz R.I.P. Best Bad Boy in the Philippine Movie Industry

User Info: coreekymon

coreekymon
3 years ago#2
It's an alright idea I don't really see any problems with it, but at the same time something about it just doesn't seem appealing. Maybe it's the lack of simplicity, I know it's not that hard to keep track of a few numbers but still it's not elegantly simple.
My Pokemon guide: pkmntrainercory.blogspot.com Check it out!
Shinji X Asuka is the most sacred pairing in all of anime. That is an unnegotiable fact.

User Info: gwaposidemz

gwaposidemz
3 years ago#3
Please do elaborate? Adding numbers and creating teams are easy enough. Now creating a team synergy with such limited numbers or Pokemon will make it interesting.
Veronica!! Veronica!! Yan ang gusto ko sa babae yung lumalaban!!!!!
-Romy Diaz R.I.P. Best Bad Boy in the Philippine Movie Industry

User Info: coreekymon

coreekymon
3 years ago#4
As I said before I can't really explain it, there's just something about it that doesn't appeal to me. Maybe it would be great, I don't know, I'm not at all against more formats. But what I was trying to get at is that it may be too elaborate, even if it's not hard to understand. I don't know if anyone gets what I'm trying to say, but it's just like adding in a bunch of restrictions to make a new format. The current tier system only has restrictions for the sake of balance and to give all pokemon a place they can thrive. This format creates restrictions for the sake of restrictions basically forcing a new play style. That might not be a terrible thing, but that's about the best way I can describe why I don't think I'd like it.
My Pokemon guide: pkmntrainercory.blogspot.com Check it out!
Shinji X Asuka is the most sacred pairing in all of anime. That is an unnegotiable fact.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. Suggesting a new format... Ratios (suggested before)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived