This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Questions about EV Training

#1MasterH0310Posted 2/14/2013 2:09:17 PM
Hi guys, the gamefaq boards have been so helpful to me so far in my pokemon career i need some questions answered about EV training that i cannot seem to get the answer to after reading multiple faqs about it.

Can you gain EV points from trainer battles?

Can you EV train a pokemon what is not at level 1? Example i have pokemon i use for battle subway that are level 50 can i still EV train them?

Also for the level 50 pokemon that i will EV train after I've EV trained them and take them back into battle subway will the new EV point enriched stats register for the battle subway which locks the level of my poke's at 50?

Does the stat increases of the EV training happen after a level up? Example i kill 30 golurks or whatever to gain the ev points to increase attack, do i have to level up my poke and then his attack stat will increase by 20 or whatever after the level up?
#2shadowreaper7Posted 2/14/2013 2:12:50 PM
MasterH0310 posted...
Hi guys, the gamefaq boards have been so helpful to me so far in my pokemon career i need some questions answered about EV training that i cannot seem to get the answer to after reading multiple faqs about it.

Can you gain EV points from trainer battles? - Yes

Can you EV train a pokemon what is not at level 1? Example i have pokemon i use for battle subway that are level 50 can i still EV train them? - Yes you can Ev train even at level 100

Also for the level 50 pokemon that i will EV train after I've EV trained them and take them back into battle subway will the new EV point enriched stats register for the battle subway which locks the level of my poke's at 50? - Yes, any EV's you gain are registered after the battle you gain them in.

Does the stat increases of the EV training happen after a level up? Example i kill 30 golurks or whatever to gain the ev points to increase attack, do i have to level up my poke and then his attack stat will increase by 20 or whatever after the level up? - Your stat will never increase that much unless you EV train at like lv99. But all EV's are given after the battle, which means if you earnt 4 or more EV's in a battle the stat would increase by 1 point visibly if you were at lv 100. But nonetheless the EV's would be still counting towards points at any level.

see amended quote.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#3AlmorfaPosted 2/14/2013 2:14:41 PM
If a Pokemon gains experience (Or would have if it was level 100) it gains EVs.

They can be used but if they were trained they probably have effort values on them already and you'd need to make use of EV-Reducing berries to bring them to 0 EVs. If you do not know what an EV-reducing berry is just worry about a new pokemon instead.

You'll see the benefits of SOME of your EV training. But not all. Probably half of the work you did you'll see.

I don't know the EXACT mechanics but I've had EV trained Pokemon not even gain a level during ev training and have 10 or 20 sometimes higher extra stat points in the stats I EV trained
---
W2 FC: 5201 1725 3712
#4MasterH0310(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 4:42:55 PM
So am i to understand that EV training is only 100% effective when the pokemon is leveled to 100. That is to say that if i EV train a poke and stop at level 60 he wont gain the max number of stat increases that he would if i fully leveled him to 100?
#5Mikey_RPosted 2/14/2013 5:01:53 PM
They would get some, but not the full +63 points you see at level 100. It is, however scaled. So at level 50, it takes 8 EVs to make 1 stat point, so you would see an increase of +31.

At level 60 you are looking at an increase of +37 (assuming my mental maths is right here).
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/
#6MasterH0310(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 7:03:03 PM
the power items speed up the EV training process, but lets say im using power bracer the one that gives EV's to attack and fight a pokemon like starly that gives speed EV's will i get attack and speed EV's or because they are both going for different stats will it not work?
#7FuneralCakePosted 2/14/2013 7:08:35 PM
You'll get both attack and speed EVs.

If you attach the Power Bracer to a Pokemon and defeat a Starly or something else that gives 1 speed EV, you'd get 4 attack EVs and 1 speed EV. With Pokerus, that's 8 attack EVs and 2 speed EVs.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
http://i.imgur.com/oMfaqni.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Hmo0Oia.jpg