This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

lol at that FAQ saying that Quick Balls are terrible

#1gamerman57Posted 2/15/2013 1:29:35 PM
Seriously. lol. I hope this is a joke.

Quick Balls are tied with Dusk Balls for being the best "special" Poke Ball. Net Balls are close behind. That 4X Multiplier is incredibly helpful. Forget about the 1X multiplier the rest of the battle. If you aren't throwing the Quick Ball on the first turn you are doing it wrong.

This is the Pokemon Comparison FAQ btw.
#2gbchaosmasterPosted 2/15/2013 1:37:32 PM
So just because Quick Balls lose their effectiveness after the first turn, you shouldn't pack a few for possible first turn captures?

That FAQ guy is an idiot.
---
gbchaosmaster
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/gbchaosmaster/gbAmonAm.jpg
#3gamerman57(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:30:17 PM
Also playing with six Pokemon is apparently "the worst way to play through the game."

He says experience is the reason for that and that it is "inefficient"

lol. No it is not.

Maybe if you constantly avoid trainers and run from all wild encounters. I played through with six pokemon and I fought every trainer I could and I was never under leveled. I still ran from a lot of the wild encounters and I didn't even use the Lucky Egg. Did he also forget that the experience is increased or decreased based on the difference in levels?

He also says experience is a reason not use U-Turn or Volt Switch even if it might be tactically advantageous

Another reason is that you don't need HMs as much as previous gens. He says you don't need to waste a spot in your team for HM slaves. That is all the more reason TO use a full team. No HM slave means that you can use another Pokemon in its space. And besides, if you are only using four Pokemon, then it doesn't matter what is in the last two spaces. It doesn't matter if an HM slave is there or not. You aren't "using" those spaces. The HM point is moot.

He has some good ideas though. Like Casteliacones and the vending machine drinks.
#4MugilokoPosted 2/16/2013 2:36:03 PM
Experience is such a hard thing on BW/BW2.
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#5ChewedMintPosted 2/16/2013 2:39:37 PM
I've had more success with Quick Balls than any other type of Poke Ball. They are amazing.
---
Black 2 FC: 3096 6163 6524
#6Sab_LiathPosted 2/16/2013 3:33:42 PM
gbchaosmaster posted...
So just because Quick Balls lose their effectiveness after the first turn, you shouldn't pack a few for possible first turn captures?

That FAQ guy is an idiot.

Actually, Quick Balls are most effective during the first FIVE turns of a battle. That's why they've particularly good,
---
Sab_Liath defeats Topic! Gains 89 EXP! Learns Magma Drill!
#7FuneralCakePosted 2/16/2013 3:38:13 PM
No, it really is just the first turn.

For whatever reason, the person getting the data for the Poke Balls in DP screwed up, and they got a lot of the information wrong. This is one of those instances.

Quick Balls are still amazing, though.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
http://i.imgur.com/oMfaqni.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Hmo0Oia.jpg
#8infinitexxPosted 2/16/2013 3:44:02 PM
5x capture rate on turn one is great, I catch so much junk just tossing one out right away.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#9shadowreaper7Posted 2/16/2013 3:46:13 PM
gamerman57 posted...
Also playing with six Pokemon is apparently "the worst way to play through the game."

He says experience is the reason for that and that it is "inefficient"

actually from a technical standpoint. You could argue he is right.
You can steam roll the entire game with one pokemon that you can pick up right at the start or pretty early in the game.
Namely because levels really are the only difference in power in game. If you are higher levelled than the opponent, chances are, even if you don't have moves that hit very well, you will win the fight.
The amusing thing is you can take a team of 6, but just train one, and buy tonnes of revives and hyper potions and you could even PP stall some of the harder opponents or simply keep reviving your main attacker.

It is quicker in this instance, however to an extent you need to know what you're doing and have to make sure you have the capacity to be able to do something such as this.

However, ultimately i agree with the two main points.
Some of the information is wrong or incredibly twisted to the point that judgements are poorly made.
And ultimately some of the stuff in "Frequently asked questions" does not provide some form of factual or statistical back up (and when it does occasionally the point above this comes into play) and is merely an opinion.

I however always playthrough with 6 pokemon. and always carry quickballs as its handy to pick up some trade collateral for low level trades.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#1012RougePosted 2/16/2013 6:53:54 PM(edited)
He says that PP is not a problem in competitive play, while also previously mentioning PP stalling.

EDIT: As well, the whole section "Non Competitive Moves to Use" is full of wrong.
---
Accurate description of my current emotional state:
http://i.imgur.com/XId329W.jpg Sorry if this'll affect anybody negatively.