This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This game feels like its on autopilot

#1Mikey812Posted 2/15/2013 1:46:39 PM
I'm trying pretty hard to enjoy this game, but so far I've just been annoyed with out many forced NPC encounters there are. The one section where you have to make a movie with your pokemon felt like for a good 5 minutes I couldn't move my character around manually. I can't take 10 steps it seems like without someone coming up to me and talking to me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/FjMKU.gif
http://i.imgur.com/pIYjc.jpg
#2brStalkerPosted 2/15/2013 4:39:28 PM
Mikey812 posted...
I'm trying pretty hard to enjoy this game, but so far I've just been annoyed with out many forced NPC encounters there are. The one section where you have to make a movie with your pokemon felt like for a good 5 minutes I couldn't move my character around manually. I can't take 10 steps it seems like without someone coming up to me and talking to me.

It's pokemon. You are hand-holded through the parts you need to be hand-holded (tutorials, first times, bare-bones stuff), and left on your own for the challenging/cheap stuff.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#30-172Posted 2/15/2013 4:53:01 PM
brStalker posted...
Mikey812 posted...

It's pokemon. You are hand-holded through the parts you need to be hand-holded (tutorials, first times, bare-bones stuff), and left on your own for the challenging/cheap stuff.

You mean handheld.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 5415-7721-4394 / Pokemon Black: 2021-8978-9942
3DS FC: 4811-8229-7673
#4Tali_ZorahPosted 2/15/2013 5:48:20 PM
Pokestar Studios is the only time I took offense to this. While I do somewhat enjoy the uniqueness that Pokestar Studios has to offer, I shouldn't be forced to do it every time I start a new game.

Everything else, though, is fine. It's to be expected of a nintendo game, let alone a pokemon game, to pretty much have your way guided through via other npcs. And I quite liked the whole Driftveil Tournament thing, its both fun and understandable on why you're forced to participate, as it's there that you really first get Colress' attention.

That said, one of these days Gamefreak is going to troll me by making it so that when I inevitably say "No" to all of the initial "Do you want a pokemon?" and "Do you want a pokedex?" questions the NPC will say "Fine, I'll take my business elsewhere" and I'll be presented with a big Game Over screen.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3568 3549 8596
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1593 3074 6920
#5brStalkerPosted 2/15/2013 6:11:22 PM
0-172 posted...
brStalker posted...
Mikey812 posted...

You mean handheld.

yeah, sorry. English not first language, so slips occasionally happen .
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#6ZarethKnyghtPosted 2/15/2013 6:14:33 PM
Tali_Zorah posted...
That said, one of these days Gamefreak is going to troll me by making it so that when I inevitably say "No" to all of the initial "Do you want a pokemon?" and "Do you want a pokedex?" questions the NPC will say "Fine, I'll take my business elsewhere" and I'll be presented with a big Game Over screen.

This would be a pretty neat thing to add in. And it shouldn't take too much on the part of coding too...
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: Zareth - 4256 2465 9359
Student of Mewtwo, the true Badass of Pokemon.
#7xfyrenxPosted 2/15/2013 8:18:01 PM
And I quite liked the whole Driftveil Tournament thing, its both fun and understandable on why you're forced to participate, as it's there that you really first get Colress' attention.

Speaking of which, what's the usual level for it?
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#8Tali_ZorahPosted 2/15/2013 8:30:30 PM
It auto-levels your pokemon. I believe Driftveil is level 25, while all the other tourneys are 50.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3568 3549 8596
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1593 3074 6920
#9Omni LegacyPosted 2/15/2013 8:35:32 PM
Tali_Zorah posted...

xD It would be awesome if Pokémon pulled a Golden Sun.
---
"You've got to scold a god when they act up." ~ Marisa
#10xfyrenxPosted 2/15/2013 9:23:53 PM
It auto-levels your pokemon. I believe Driftveil is level 25, while all the other tourneys are 50.

Well mine were at 25 for it, so I didn't notice any auto levelling. Thanks for the clarification.

Tali_Zorah posted...

xD It would be awesome if Pokémon pulled a Golden Sun.

Even better if they gave you an alternative to getting your fist one.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]