This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just encounted a nasty bug/glitch

#11xfyrenxPosted 2/17/2013 1:47:56 AM
Maybe it's a sentient piece of dust?

Or maybe, I don't know, he managed to dislodge it by trying to correct the problem? No-one said the game is perfect, only that what TC described sounds like the problems we listed.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#12VeryDarkSoulPosted 2/17/2013 3:36:37 AM
that's not a glitch, that's your ds
---
Ron Paul 2012
#13The_Hungry_OnePosted 2/17/2013 3:45:26 AM
xfyrenx posted...
Maybe it's a sentient piece of dust?

Or maybe, I don't know, he managed to dislodge it by trying to correct the problem? No-one said the game is perfect, only that what TC described sounds like the problems we listed.

You think TC is a Neanderthal that doesn't treat a very expensive piece of equipment with care?
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#14tadashii18Posted 2/17/2013 3:59:49 AM
People keep saying its his/her DS when clearly TC states its fairly new and that it STOPS when they exit the route but persists again when going back to the route.

TC you should try this on other routes and see what happens
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFaqs 1.10
#15infinitexxPosted 2/17/2013 8:28:22 AM
Czar_Yoshi posted...
0-172 posted...
zero_x300 posted...
Older consoles would have this issue if you turned on the console while holding the directional pad/stick down.

It's not old, though. It's a six month old 3DS XL.

Old as in released a while back.

I'm pretty sure all consoles with analog input do this, I know for sure the Nunchuck does it (even on a Wii U).

Just restart your DS and it should be fine.

Not all of them do (haven't had issue with it on 360), but I've also experienced it on the Wii and PS2.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#160-172(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 10:41:50 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
You all seem to lack reading comprehension, which is ironic as Pokemon needs basic reading comprehension to fully enjoy the game, and you all seem to have less than basic reading comprehension.

Let's have a look at this. He was riding his bike, and it suddenly started to act up. He went into the menu and it constantly scrolled down. He saved, reloaded and the experience persisted. He got into a route building and it stopped. He mentions no prior issues in the history of his new 3DS XL. The 3DS and the XL is a tightly made console; nothing big enough would be able to get inside and lodge itself temporarily in the directional inputs of the controls. Stranger still that it stopped once he entered a building. Maybe it's a sentient piece of dust?

I understand that you enjoy Pokemon, but to believe that it is a perfectly made game is just naivete at its best. I'd say this is a minor bug, but you guys are obviously going to flame me now. Let's just say his 3DS XL was possessed by a Marowak.

Thank you! There is no definitive proof that it was a hardware issue.

tadashii18 posted...
People keep saying its his/her DS when clearly TC states its fairly new and that it STOPS when they exit the route but persists again when going back to the route.

TC you should try this on other routes and see what happens

I didn't say that it started up again when I re-entered the route. Just that it stopped immediately after I left the route.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 5415-7721-4394 / Pokemon Black: 2021-8978-9942
3DS FC: 4811-8229-7673
#17mralpha543Posted 2/17/2013 10:56:34 AM
Go back to the exact spot on the route and mount the bike again.
It may have been something tiny lodged in the Analog/D-Pad that was dislodged when you pressed down to leave the route. Hopefully it's nothing major.
---
Rocket Professor ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Real Arceus.
Official ANBU of the Pokemon boards.
#18yzmanPosted 2/17/2013 2:39:19 PM
You all seem to lack reading comprehension, which is ironic as Pokemon needs basic reading comprehension to fully enjoy the game, and you all seem to have less than basic reading comprehension.

Let's have a look at this. He was riding his bike, and it suddenly started to act up. He went into the menu and it constantly scrolled down. He saved, reloaded and the experience persisted. He got into a route building and it stopped. He mentions no prior issues in the history of his new 3DS XL. The 3DS and the XL is a tightly made console; nothing big enough would be able to get inside and lodge itself temporarily in the directional inputs of the controls. Stranger still that it stopped once he entered a building. Maybe it's a sentient piece of dust?

I understand that you enjoy Pokemon, but to believe that it is a perfectly made game is just naivete at its best. I'd say this is a minor bug, but you guys are obviously going to flame me now. Let's just say his 3DS XL was possessed by a Marowak.

You seem to lack the very same reading comprehension you claim we lack if that's what you got from the other posts.

No one said the game was perfect, what was said was that the problem he was describing sounds like something caused by the DS not the game. If you had even basic understanding of how a game system works, you would likely agree. I have had this issue before on other games, its not that uncommon. I've had it happen on my DS lite and on my PS2. It was never repeatable.

The analog detection likely had a small glitch that fixed itself when he went to a new area and it had to recalibrate. Thats all there is to it. Why does the simplest problem and solutions have to be turned into a troll/flame fest by people?
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#19Czar_YoshiPosted 2/17/2013 4:04:11 PM
yzman posted...

You seem to lack the very same reading comprehension you claim we lack if that's what you got from the other posts.

No one said the game was perfect, what was said was that the problem he was describing sounds like something caused by the DS not the game. If you had even basic understanding of how a game system works, you would likely agree. I have had this issue before on other games, its not that uncommon. I've had it happen on my DS lite and on my PS2. It was never repeatable.

The analog detection likely had a small glitch that fixed itself when he went to a new area and it had to recalibrate. Thats all there is to it. Why does the simplest problem and solutions have to be turned into a troll/flame fest by people?

Indeed, how tightly made the DS is has nothing to do with this. It's an issue with how the DS itself is programmed; it resets the neutral position to whatever position it's at. Even brand-new equipment does that, it's not a issue stemming from misuse.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#200-172(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:41:57 PM
The bug just occured while I was playing FIFA 13, so it's definitely the system.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 5415-7721-4394 / Pokemon Black: 2021-8978-9942
3DS FC: 4811-8229-7673