This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do multiplayer battles have any legitimacy?

#1VeryDarkSoulPosted 2/18/2013 12:13:22 AM
When cheating is still so rampant in pokemon?
---
Ron Paul 2012
#2SupahJemPosted 2/18/2013 12:25:42 AM
To be honest, I dont care if someone hacks their Pokes as long as its a legal moveset/IVs/EVs. If theyre giving Pokes moves they cant learn except by cheating, then I care. But otherwise, nah I dont really care as long as it follows the guidelines. There isnt a difference to me than a perfectly EV'd dedicated Poke to a hacked Poke that has is the exact same as the prior.

I dont think cheating is really rampant. Plus if you go to Pokemon VGC tournaments, they check for hacked Pokes multiple times throughout the tournament. They dont even let you do hacked Pokes, they can tell by the IDs and stuff if you did it yourself or not.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: SupahJem
#3Team Rocket Elite(Moderator)Posted 2/18/2013 12:38:13 AM
RNG abuse largely solves the problem of cheating. It creates legal access to Pokemon just as good as any cheated Pokemon that can get past a hack checker so cheating doesn't give a person any in-battle advantages anymore. If a cheated Pokemon isn't any different than a legit one, it doesn't really matter that it's a cheated Pokemon anymore.
---
Pokemon VGC2012 Canadian Nationals - 8th place
Pokemon VGC2013 OR Regional - 12th place
#4F2l2o2r2i2sPosted 2/18/2013 1:58:54 AM
You can't get in a random wifi battle with impossible pokemon (more than 510 EV's, more than 31 IV's in one stat, moves it shouldn't know, abilities it shouldn't have). But I don't know about battles with friends registered in your pal pad.
---
"Hey baby how would you like to rock polish my harden then swallow my stringshot." -Mikey_R
#5Neo_HeartlessPosted 2/18/2013 3:24:07 AM
Guarenteed_Replies.png

Anyway. Why is RNG so complicated? Seems a lot to learn just to get good pokemon. I hope Game Freak make it easier to train pokemon in X & Y. Given the steps they've been taking, I'm hoping they'll let us manipulate IVs soon. I'd say they should get rid of them but I can't see them attempting to find a different means to calculate hidden power.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#6SupahJemPosted 2/18/2013 3:57:01 AM
Because RNG means Random Number Generator.. A lot of games rely on it. Diablo, Pokemon, etc. If every Pokemon was similar, there wouldn't be any uniqueness to them. And in an already pretty fairly simple game, you don't want to make it even simpler.
---
#7Neo_HeartlessPosted 2/18/2013 4:06:41 AM
SupahJem posted...
Because RNG means Random Number Generator.. A lot of games rely on it. Diablo, Pokemon, etc. If every Pokemon was similar, there wouldn't be any uniqueness to them. And in an already pretty fairly simple game, you don't want to make it even simpler.

That's not what I mean and you know it. I'm talking about RNG manipulation. There's so much to do and learn just for a chance at a good pokemon. Nintendo MUST know this, after all they keep making all these tournaments. How can these tournaments be fair when left to the vagaries of chance?
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#8SupahJemPosted 2/18/2013 4:20:11 AM
It's very simple. If everything is easily attainable by the majority, then it isnt something special. Also, the hardcore Pokemon fans are the one who keep playing their games. The casuals play for 2 days, get 7 badges and are done until the next couple years.

TL;DR: The more for you to do, the longer you spend playing Pokemon.

This is a big reason WoW saw the decline it did. Everything became attainable to everyone. Maybe e-peen stroking wasnt the coolest, but there were things worth working to attain that separated you from the rest of the players on WoW. Even as a casual in Vanilla WoW I was like "Wow, I want that Tier 3 armor, that is awesome."
---
#9Tali_ZorahPosted 2/18/2013 4:30:27 AM
SupahJem posted...
It's very simple. If everything is easily attainable by the majority, then it isnt something special. Also, the hardcore Pokemon fans are the one who keep playing their games. The casuals play for 2 days, get 7 badges and are done until the next couple years.

TL;DR: The more for you to do, the longer you spend playing Pokemon.

This is a big reason WoW saw the decline it did. Everything became attainable to everyone. Maybe e-peen stroking wasnt the coolest, but there were things worth working to attain that separated you from the rest of the players on WoW. Even as a casual in Vanilla WoW I was like "Wow, I want that Tier 3 armor, that is awesome."

Classic WoW was pretty bad compared to how it is now in most ways, but I do somewhat agree with you on that. I wouldn't be opposed to more difficult raids, though they really should keep the raid numbers down from 40, that was honestly the worst part of classic raids.

Though on that note, one of the major reasons why WoW raiding is so easy like it is now is because there's more chance of getting your loot via tokens, and there are fewer players to get geared up, meaning there's a lot less of a time sink in bypassing a gear check boss. Then again, when pugs can beat a raid, maybe its time to up the difficulty.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3568 3549 8596
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1593 3074 6920
#10calvin_0Posted 2/18/2013 4:36:41 AM
for one, wifi doesnt support illegal pokemon, so anything you face in GTS battle can be consider legit as far as the game concerned.

my friend also join VGC with legal hack...
---
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0