This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People should use Walrein more often.

#11Worm199(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 2:55:03 AM
Wow, rarely have I disagreed with people more than now.

Lapras is a laughing excuse of a pokemon, you can not be serious! Walrein can take on so much, even super effective attacks aren't enough to OHKO Walrein. It is damn good.
---
''Wisest is he who knows, that he knows nothing'' - Socrates
I would like to change that to ''Wisest is the wrestling fan who knows nothing beforehand''
#12ShinGoukenPosted 2/19/2013 3:15:30 AM
Worm199 posted...
Wow, rarely have I disagreed with people more than now.

Lapras is a laughing excuse of a pokemon, you can not be serious! Walrein can take on so much, even super effective attacks aren't enough to OHKO Walrein. It is damn good.

Choice Band Darmanitan OHKO's
---
FFXII Perfect game Inventory at 2750+ Hours - http://youtu.be/kOWgDEQyggg
#13KingdomHeartAcePosted 2/19/2013 3:44:54 AM
Nobody wants to be a walrus.
#14Worm199(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 5:33:27 AM
KingdomHeartAce posted...
Nobody wants to be a walrus.

But Walruses are awesome! Walrein's cry is especially amazing.

And OH MY a full out glass canon pokemon with a fight attack OHKOs Walrein? What a shocker! It's about as shocking as a Golurk OHKOing Deoxys-D oh wait he already does that... Does that make Deoxys-D bad? Heck no!
---
I would like to change that to ''Wisest is the wrestling fan who knows nothing beforehand''
#15MugilokoPosted 2/19/2013 5:38:00 AM
Specs Starmie OHKOs.
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#16PolimarioPosted 2/19/2013 6:31:15 AM
Ku Ku Kachuu!
---
Official Miror Admin. Shadow Pokemon: Feraligatr.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbn8e2Vsjl1qibib0o2_r2_500.gif
#17shadowreaper7Posted 2/19/2013 7:29:56 AM
To be quite honest, i love Walrein.
But in all fairness, Lapras outclasses and outranks walrein in every concievable way.
Bulk in an ice type is a moot point.
They take super effective damage from 2 very common priority type attacks (Bullet punch and Mach punch)
As well as taking heavy damage from 2 very common attacking and coverage types. Rock and Fighting.
Furthermore it even takes neutral from another common coverage type in the form of Fire.

The movepool of walrein is also lackluster.
Its only saving grace is Super fang which is nice to cut down the opponent so you can finish them off, however he lacks reliable recovery as opposed to a better bulky water in the form of Milotic who even in hail fares better due to its ability, rest talk sets, and also access to recover.

Lapras however has the ability to use Heal bell and become a cleric with HP, spd and sp.atk investment. It also has access to Thunder and Blizzard, allowing it to function in either rain or Hail.

Simply put, Walrein is just outclassed. But it doesn't stop me from using him.
---
Black FC: 2666-8397-4718
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#18PkmTrainerAbramPosted 2/19/2013 7:51:19 AM
Posting for Walrien support.
---
Currently playing: DragonQuest IV Chapters of the Choosen(DS, complete), Pokemon LeafGreen(JPN) (blitz living Dex run 283/386, Street Fighter 3(Xbox360)
#19Worm199(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 9:51:00 AM
shadowreaper7 posted...
But in all fairness, Lapras outclasses and outranks walrein in every concievable way.
They take super effective damage from 2 very common priority type attacks (Bullet punch and Mach punch)
As well as taking heavy damage from 2 very common attacking and coverage types. Rock and Fighting.
Furthermore it even takes neutral from another common coverage type in the form of Fire.

Its only saving grace is Super fang which is nice to cut down the opponent so you can finish them off, however he lacks reliable recovery as opposed to a better bulky water in the form of Milotic who even in hail fares better due to its ability, rest talk sets, and also access to recover.

Lapras however has the ability to use Heal bell and become a cleric with HP, spd and sp.atk investment. It also has access to Thunder and Blizzard, allowing it to function in either rain or Hail.

Ice Body still makes Walrein harder to take down than Lapras. Just look at it's success in D/P, it had more success than Lapras has ever had in its entire life as a competitive Pokemon.
---
#20tadashii18Posted 2/19/2013 10:53:16 AM
Quote:shadowreaper7 posted...

Ice Body still makes Walrein harder to take down than Lapras. Just look at it's success in D/P, it had more success than Lapras has ever had in its entire life as a competitive Pokemon.

@Worm199

Ice Body only works in the Hail and I'm not sure but does Lapras get Aqua Ring?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFaqs 1.10
Pokemon Black 2 FC - 3783 6998 1893