This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Quick question

#1WHITERYNO1191Posted 2/18/2013 12:09:17 PM
I was grinding on the trainer that's on route 4. I've noticed the higher level my pokemon is, the less XP I receive for fighting the exact same pokemon. And if my pokemon is a lower level it receives way more experience. Is this a new addition or something I've never noticed.

Anyone care to explain?
---
"Not one of the 12+ people killed were armed. They were all civilians."-beerconnoisseur
The above quote made me die of laughter. I think I'm evil...
#2ares9090Posted 2/18/2013 12:14:39 PM
It was added in Black and White and works exactly that way, the higher the Lv of your pokemon compared compared to the one you are battling, the less experience it gets, now the lower the Lv of your Pokemon compared to the Pokemon you are battling, the more experience it gets.
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#3WHITERYNO1191(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:18:28 PM
I'm not sure if I'm a fan of that or not.
---
"Not one of the 12+ people killed were armed. They were all civilians."-beerconnoisseur
#4FuneralCakePosted 2/18/2013 1:24:57 PM
It's actually much better this way. Even though it may seem like your higher level Pokemon won't gain as much EXP as they would have in previous games, that's not really the case. The new EXP system makes raising lower level Pokemon much, much faster and easier.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
http://i.minus.com/ib1uFDGNC2IrTo.gif
#5WHITERYNO1191(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 5:12:56 PM
FuneralCake posted...
It's actually much better this way. Even though it may seem like your higher level Pokemon won't gain as much EXP as they would have in previous games, that's not really the case. The new EXP system makes raising lower level Pokemon much, much faster and easier.

But then leveling pokemon to level 100 will take even longer won't it? Especially if you're pokemon are already over-leveled, it'll take even longer and more grinding.
---
#6syntheraPosted 2/18/2013 5:24:58 PM
Quote:FuneralCake posted...

But then leveling pokemon to level 100 will take even longer won't it? Especially if you're pokemon are already over-leveled, it'll take even longer and more grinding.

@WHITERYNO1191

Lucky Egg, Audino level 55-60 no time at all, maybe even Lucky Egg E4.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#7WHITERYNO1191(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 8:31:00 PM
synthera posted...
Quote:FuneralCake posted...

@WHITERYNO1191

Lucky Egg, Audino level 55-60 no time at all, maybe even Lucky Egg E4.

I can't thank you enough for recommending that.
---