This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This game is way too easy compred to others

#11F2l2o2r2i2sPosted 2/19/2013 8:47:48 AM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
There's a difference between difficulty and tediousness, and grinding in SoulSilver is the latter.

Ok then how is it that it's impossible for me to knock out my Rival's level 18 Bayleaf, when I'm using a level 15 Spearow. That is only a three level difference and shouldn't be a hassle when using Flying moves but the stupid can't die cause keep using Sympethis and it just becomes an endless frustrating loop.

Because Bayleaf is bulky and Spearow is a weak pokemon? What you're saying is that you're not as bad as this game as you are in Soul Silver. Try the Pokemon World Tournament and try beating the Champions tournament. Or go have a random wifi battle at the right counter on the second floor of any pokecenter. Then tell me again that Soul Silver is "harder".
---
"Hey baby how would you like to rock polish my harden then swallow my stringshot." -Mikey_R
#12temgunPosted 2/19/2013 8:52:54 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
The levelling in this game is pretty good, but could have been toned down. Remember, this is made for kids, not adults, so they want kids to have an easy time.

Yeah, let's teach kids that you don't need to do anything to reach your goals and then they turn out to be obnoxious little *****.

Yeah, kidding, but why was the leveling up more time consuming before? Since it was aimed for kids before as well. Actually, no, how come Pokemon is even aimed for kids? It has always been for everyone.
---
What should I even write here?
#13Worm199Posted 2/19/2013 9:55:07 AM
I_Like_Stuffs_ posted...
Pokemon games were never challenging during main game. Lol

Wohohohoh stop right there! Pokemon Red and Blue's Elite Four were very hard due to their very high leveling!
---
''Wisest is he who knows, that he knows nothing'' - Socrates
I would like to change that to ''Wisest is the wrestling fan who knows nothing beforehand''
#14xfyrenxPosted 2/19/2013 10:20:19 AM
I_Like_Stuffs_ posted...

Wohohohoh stop right there! Pokemon Red and Blue's Elite Four were very hard due to their very high leveling!

Dunno, they forced you to actually use items and such, but very hard?
---
"Eat all your school, stay in milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep and get eight hours of drug." Mr.T
#15SooChillinPosted 2/19/2013 10:26:38 AM
If you're talking about RNG abuse. Yeah....
#16DemonCharizardPosted 2/19/2013 12:00:51 PM
The only difficult game was ruby and sapphire and that's only because of how few decent choices there are. If you play through it twice with a completely different team you'll find it much more difficult.

I loved playing through this though. I was levelling
Serperior, Chandelure, Scrafty, Stoutland, Golduck, Lucario, Arcanine, Starmie, Ampharos, Electivire, Zoroark, Metagross, and Gliscor. Thanks to Audino keeping them at roughly the same level and being over levelled, (had a Lucario at level 25 before facing Roxie :D) I had a great time playing.
#17SooChillinPosted 2/19/2013 1:43:14 PM
DemonCharizard posted...
The only difficult game was ruby and sapphire and that's only because of how few decent choices there are. If you play through it twice with a completely different team you'll find it much more difficult.

Lol. Ruby & Sapphire were hard? As a child those games were incredibly easy.
#18wheeling_gamerPosted 2/19/2013 3:26:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19wheeling_gamerPosted 2/19/2013 3:31:38 PM(edited)
I_Like_Stuffs_ posted...

I think the problem with Pokémon games is that the difficult depends solely on how the player plays. For example, the way I play involves a rotation leveling system, no grinding on wild encounters, hardly any use of items, a well-balanced team that can one point or another learn all HMs, and no use of legendaries (although that is there to change very recently, but only one per team). Playing this this way not only makes things interesting, but also very difficult.

But the problem is that it's only difficult due to the way I play. If I chose to max out my starter and use a bunch of HM slaves (I did something like this on my very first Pokémon playthrough in Gold), most of the game would become laughably easy.

I hope that they take this game's difficulty levels and expand on it even more. I think having more selectable difficulty levels would satisfy all players. Challenge Mode is nice, but there's still people that can blitz through it. I would prefer something at the level of Pokemon Stadium 2 (maybe for the hardest difficulty level).

---
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
#20helldewPosted 2/19/2013 4:52:51 PM
Another thing makes this game easier is it is impossible to screw up a moveset. TMs being reusable this time instead of you having to think about which pokemon you want to use it on in Soul Silver. You accidentallydelete a move, go to one of the booths at the PWT to relearn it.

And in R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E/D/P/Pt/HG/SS you can beat the game with HMs. your point? Beteewn strength surf waterfall Cut Flash and Fly you have a move pool that is far more then good enough in game infinte TMs just means if your an idiot your not stuck with boring moves.

and the only hard pokemon games are the spinoffs and the hacks. Pokemon puzzle league for instance is by far harder then anything in the main series even the battle tower.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.