This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Challenge mode... yikes

#1Smokey167Posted 2/20/2013 11:25:02 PM
So I just got White 2 for $15 at Best Buy (such a good deal) and I sent over my challenge key from my Black 2 and started it up. I just beat Cheren, and I was surprised to find that he was rather difficult. Not too bad, but it was definitely a wake up call. I was just going to forget planning my team for once and just try winging it, but now I'm not so sure. Right now I just have Snivy and Riolu, and I was thinking of maybe a team of:

Serperior

Vaporeon

Braviary

Krookadile

Electivire

Lucario

I was also thinking of maybe ditching Lucario (way overused) and Krookadile (a little frail for my tastes) for maybe Sawk and Bisharp? But then again I really don't like how late Pawniard evolves. So with the team above, do you think I could beat the entire game, post-game and all?
#2XxMahnaMahnaxXPosted 2/20/2013 11:27:44 PM
Wing it, it's really not that much of a difference
---
Why don't we show them the entire process including our breakdown.
http://i.imgur.com/Q0xhR.png?2?6330
#3CharizardFirePosted 2/20/2013 11:34:41 PM
Sawk is really rare in White 2.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.
#4Tali_ZorahPosted 2/21/2013 2:11:36 AM
Yeah just wing it. I'm about to head to Castelia City with my Challenge Mode team of Voltorb, Ralts, Tentacool, Zubat, Slugma and Mankey, and while it is definately a different experience it's still overall the same deal, you just need to be at a higher level sooner.

Cheren and Roxie both caught me off guard with their additional pokemon, but I still managed to beat them fairly simply. Then again, I had a Mankey for Cheren, a Ralts for Roxie, and will have a Zubat for Burgh. We'll see if Elesa, of whom I have no pokemon that are strong against electric types, will end up being a challenge for me.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3568 3549 8596
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1593 3074 6920
#5xfyrenxPosted 2/21/2013 2:25:23 AM
Cheren is more difficult because you have no way of either grinding smartly (Audino) or trading before you beat him. After that, you can get better Pokemon if you so wish, making everything much easier (unless you're doing a self-imposed challenge).
---
"Eat all your school, stay in milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep and get eight hours of drug." Mr.T
#6Tali_ZorahPosted 2/21/2013 3:04:37 AM
xfyrenx posted...
Cheren is more difficult because you have no way of either grinding smartly (Audino) or trading before you beat him. After that, you can get better Pokemon if you so wish, making everything much easier (unless you're doing a self-imposed challenge).

Actually you can Audino grind in the route after Floccesy City, plus more Audino grinding in Floccesy Ranch. So... yeah you can still grind smartly.

I find overlevelling for Cheren acceptable if you're going to trade in your team, but otherwise, grinding Audino too much takes the fun out of the game :P
---
#7xfyrenxPosted 2/21/2013 3:20:48 AM
Actually you can Audino grind in the route after Floccesy City, plus more Audino grinding in Floccesy Ranch. So... yeah you can still grind smartly.

Really? Because I don't remember seeing any rustling grass until after beating Cheren.
---
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier
#8Tali_ZorahPosted 2/21/2013 3:28:54 AM
There's no rustling grass in the first route, that much is true. But everything after Floccesy Town, including the ranch and the half of route you're allowed to go through, has rustling grass / rippling water / dust clouds. That first route is the only exception afaik
---
#9WonderstruckPosted 2/21/2013 5:14:12 AM
Tali_Zorah posted...
There's no rustling grass in the first route, that much is true. But everything after Floccesy Town, including the ranch and the half of route you're allowed to go through, has rustling grass / rippling water / dust clouds. That first route is the only exception afaik

Shaking grass is only unlocked after you defeat Cheren and Bianca explains what shaking grass is. So no Audino hunting until after Cheren.
#10infinitexxPosted 2/21/2013 7:38:36 AM
^^That

And just wing it and don't grind, more entertaining that way, you'll run into gym leaders who have a decent level advantage.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1