This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

B2/W2's story feels kinda like joke

#1VeryDarkSoulPosted 2/22/2013 2:31:56 AM
Kinda like how FFX-2's story was compared to FFX (I know this is a far comparison)
It's all like laid back. Just walk through a street and all of a sudden a guy is like "HM STRENGTH HERE TAKE IT" When before you actually had to do something to get it.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#2RudyBeoulvePosted 2/22/2013 3:00:16 AM
Fortunately, just like in FFX/FFX-2, the sequel has much better gameplay and makes for an overall better game, so it all works out in the end.
---
Superhero name: The Excretionist
Superpower: Your nipples excrete a highly explosive yet delicious substance.
#3brStalkerPosted 2/22/2013 3:05:36 AM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
Kinda like how FFX-2's story was compared to FFX (I know this is a far comparison)
It's all like laid back. Just walk through a street and all of a sudden a guy is like "HM STRENGTH HERE TAKE IT" When before you actually had to do something to get it.

What do you mean? The first games were the same:

Walk a narrow, dark street just to have a guy ambush you to... give you a Flash TM?
Exit Tubeline bridge to have a guy toss you a Fling TM for no reason.
And when you reach Twist Mountain entrance you are given Surf for the same apparent reason: none.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#4AmesangPosted 2/22/2013 9:08:49 AM
…and free TMs have what to do with the story?
---
"Help! Help! They've destroyed my cousin's brain!! Oh, my god! They've already milked you, haven't they?!!" -- Phoncible P. Bone
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 2/22/2013 9:10:25 AM
I'm okay with people shoving TMs down my throat.
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#6infinitexxPosted 2/22/2013 9:21:58 AM
Very different than the X-2 case in my eyes. The B2/W2 story is on par with B/W (they're pokemon stories, so that's not really saying much). X-2's story was inferior to X's, but I didn't dislike it, it was just a bit more disjointed than I'd have liked (didn't mind the tone change).
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#7helldewPosted 2/22/2013 9:42:01 AM
Both stories suck ass one being worse then the other is like saying my garbage is worse then your garbage. if you want a pokemon story go play mystery dungeon sky.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#8OfficialZekromPosted 2/22/2013 11:49:03 AM
Quote:Both stories suck ass one being worse then the other is like saying my garbage is worse then your garbage. if you want a pokemon story go play mystery dungeon sky.
@helldew
lol@hating on Gen5 while on Gen5 board

Learn about facts and opinions before you post on Gamefaqs. Your opinion, no matter how right you think you are, is not a fact. While it is partially true that the main games pay less attention to the quality of the story then the other games, that doesn't make them "garbage", they just focus more on different areas of gameplay, like competitive multiplayer. Nobody I am aware of plays Pokemon for it's story, so the story cannot be a valid reason for liking/disliking a Pokemon main series game.
---
How can people hate Gen V? I'm in it!
Official Zekrom of everywhere
#9darkus_fPosted 2/22/2013 12:07:29 PM
I agree with you TC. The presentation in BW2 is a step back from BW1. I just didn't stick to BW1 because of all the gameplay improvements. I hope XY will have a story on par, if not better, than BW2's.
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 2/22/2013 12:21:05 PM
OfficialZekrom posted...
Quote:Both stories suck ass one being worse then the other is like saying my garbage is worse then your garbage. if you want a pokemon story go play mystery dungeon sky.
@helldew
lol@hating on Gen5 while on Gen5 board

Learn about facts and opinions before you post on Gamefaqs. Your opinion, no matter how right you think you are, is not a fact. While it is partially true that the main games pay less attention to the quality of the story then the other games, that doesn't make them "garbage", they just focus more on different areas of gameplay, like competitive multiplayer. Nobody I am aware of plays Pokemon for it's story, so the story cannot be a valid reason for liking/disliking a Pokemon main series game.

I agree with this.
I played SoulSilver (my first Pokemon game) thinking "okay, from what I can tell, Pokemon is not about story whatsoever."
Then I played White 2 with the same mindset and I was impressed by the story (compared to what I was expecting, of course).
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47