This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragon tail

#1CyberWhiteTigerPosted 2/22/2013 8:31:33 AM
Hi. I have a question about dragon tail. From what i have read if used it is supposed to end wild pokemon battles. Well a wild druddigon used it on my heracross but the battle did not end, is this a glitch?
---
Lights will guide you home
#2LordNobunagaPosted 2/22/2013 8:41:35 AM
Is your Hercross levels higher? If so, phazing moves by wild Pokemon don't end a battle.
---
Elisabeth Blanctorche fanboy.
youtube.com/user/CommElite, and GT: TM07
#3tadashii18Posted 2/22/2013 8:58:05 AM
I don't think it has that effect. I think a Growlithe used Roar on me in the wild once and the battle didn't end
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFaqs 1.10
Pokemon Black 2 FC - 3783 6998 1893
#4CyberWhiteTiger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 9:01:30 AM
LordNobunaga posted...
Is your Hercross levels higher? If so, phazing moves by wild Pokemon don't end a battle.

Wow i am so pleased. The druddigon is shiny and when it used that move i almost threw my DS at the wall thinking the battle was going to end. I caught the durddigon.

Yeah my Heracross is level 99 and i was having it false swipe the druddigon. It then used dragon tail. I caught it after that.

I didn't think it mattered what level the opposing pokemon is, i thought moves like roar and whirlwind etc would always end the battle? Or did this all change in Gen V?
---
#5Mikey_RPosted 2/22/2013 9:04:07 AM
I'm almost sure that a similar mechanic as been in all games.
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/
#6CyberWhiteTiger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 9:29:49 AM
Mikey_R posted...

What you mean so if your pokemon is higher then moves like roar etc won't work?
---
#7infinitexxPosted 2/22/2013 9:31:17 AM(edited)
Mikey_R posted...

No, just Gen V.

edit:
CyberWhiteTiger posted...

Only in wild battles, not on trainers.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#8CyberWhiteTiger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 9:35:37 AM
infinitexx posted...
Mikey_R posted...

No, just Gen V.

edit:
CyberWhiteTiger posted...

Only in wild battles, not on trainers.

Ok so just to clarify if your pokemon is level 40 and the wild pokemon is level 38 and uses roar the battle will not end?

Is that only in Gen V? (In Gen IV i had an opposing pokemon whose level was lower than mine use roar and the battle ended).
---
#9yzmanPosted 2/22/2013 10:41:23 AM
If you read the responses you just quotes, he literally answers those questions. I will summarize again.

If roar is used against a higher level pokemon in a wild encounter in GEN V, the battle will not end.

This was not true in prior gens.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#10Pooo869Posted 2/22/2013 11:42:40 AM
I remember once i found a shiny staravia and it whirlwinded........ ill just say that i was piiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssed.

anyways, if a pokemon is a higher levele than the one using the phazing move the battle will not end, if the pokemon being phazed in a lower level thant thanb the phazer the battle will end.
---
Black 2 FC - 3869-6069-8826
Broken iPhone = Cut hands :(