This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Oh, the maturity of some on random wifi. Gather 'round for a story.

#1VileBladePosted 2/23/2013 8:41:27 PM
An average random wifi battle, going along just fine. My opponent though, begins taking the entire duration of the turn timer to pick an attack. At first I figure, hey, maybe he's busy. Maybe he's mid conversation, or watching a movie. Oh well. No big deal. Never mind that it's happening as I take the lead. But as it persists, I start to wonder, Could it be... that this is being done on purpose!? On random wifi, where every boy and girl round the world is known for his/her outstanding sportsmanship and infallible sense of honor!? Even so, I stick with the fight. As long as he sees it through, right? Finally, I'm KOing his last Pokemon, ready to end a battle that has been drawn out far too long. Enough of your games, battler, the time has come to- the screen goes blue. A pale, empty, unmistakable shade of blue. The fight is over, with no credit to me for being ever so patient with this battler I have faced. And to this battler, I say bravo. Your notoriety is not to be understated.
---
Diamond : 1847 8308 6361 ///////// Brawl : 2191 7431 6446
JUS : 1333-8378-4300 //////////// MMSF3 : 1806 2974 5651
#2FennyarielPosted 2/23/2013 10:19:26 PM
They should fix that ASAP before it becomes and exploited glitch! We don't need Pokemon to end up like Mario Kart!
---
(|+|O_O)>[]xxxxxxx[]::::::::::::::::>
I am a girl who just so happens to love games just as much as some of you boys do! ;v)
#3VileBlade(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 11:54:21 PM
Hm, not sure how that would go about. It's not necessarily a glitch. In fact, in scenarios where it's not being abused it functions quite well. What glitch in Mariokart are you referring to?
---
#4CharizardFirePosted 2/23/2013 11:56:20 PM
What glitch in Mariokart are you referring to?

If it's what I think it is, then the answer is two words: Maka Wuhu
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.
#5tadashii18Posted 2/24/2013 12:14:17 AM
That's happened to me plenty of times before. In a situation like that, I say to myself "ain't nobody got time for this" and then go turn off my wifi box. The battle is ended and I still get to do wifi battles without having to wait an hour. Trolls like that, the rules are meant to be broken and I think it's okay to disconnect if they're deliberately trying to waste your time. I only do that when I'm facing an opponent like that. I'd never do it any other time, even if in losing. I have my share of wins and losses. Mostly wins though :P
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFaqs 1.10
Pokemon Black 2 FC - 3783 6998 1893
#6FennyarielPosted 2/24/2013 3:13:04 AM
Oh I've read where there's all kinds of just plain cheaters for the online part of that! I can't remember exactly what now though. It was a few months back that I read it.
---
(|+|O_O)>[]xxxxxxx[]::::::::::::::::>
I am a girl who just so happens to love games just as much as some of you boys do! ;v)
#7blueblackVXPosted 2/24/2013 5:12:34 PM
Quote:Oh I've read where there's all kinds of just plain cheaters for the online part of that! I can't remember exactly what now though. It was a few months back that I read it.
@Fennyariel
Of course there are people like that online! You must be pretty sheltered if you have to read about on the Internet just to find out about it.
---
How can people hate Gen V? I'm in it!
Official Zekrom of everywhere
#8natchu96Posted 2/24/2013 5:41:44 PM
blueblackVX posted...
Quote:Oh I've read where there's all kinds of just plain cheaters for the online part of that! I can't remember exactly what now though. It was a few months back that I read it.
@Fennyariel
Of course there are people like that online! You must be pretty sheltered if you have to read about on the Internet just to find out about it.

Yeah, we've had cheaters everywhere for as long as competition existed. Which was probably not long after humankind itself existed.
---
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun" - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (and no, that is not a typo)
#9VileBlade(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:06:45 PM
Fennyariel posted...
Oh I've read where there's all kinds of just plain cheaters for the online part of that! I can't remember exactly what now though. It was a few months back that I read it.

Like CharizardFire said, I'm pretty sure that's in reference to Maka Wahu. The thing is that was an actual glitch where people could zip across the map to 1st place. Fortunately, that's been patched. But this situation with Random Wifi is a bit different, since it's not technically cheating or glitching. Just being an immature poor sport.

But even so, the ratio of DC'ers to good sports has been pretty low in my experience. Out of the 50 or so fights ive done, maybe 5 have DC'd. Compare that to a game like Jump Ultimate Stars.. where 80% of the matches are with cheaters, glitchers, or people willing to gang up on you 3v1 (its a 4 player free for all fighting game).
---
#10pokemon2pokerPosted 2/24/2013 7:42:06 PM
tadashii18 posted...
That's happened to me plenty of times before. In a situation like that, I say to myself "ain't nobody got time for this" and then go turn off my wifi box. The battle is ended and I still get to do wifi battles without having to wait an hour. Trolls like that, the rules are meant to be broken and I think it's okay to disconnect if they're deliberately trying to waste your time. I only do that when I'm facing an opponent like that. I'd never do it any other time, even if in losing. I have my share of wins and losses. Mostly wins though :P

You'll get a dc if you do that during a WiFi tournament, even if you have figured out to dc without the hour penalty.
---
Suikoden 6 please.
People who agree: 12