This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Super Single Train Roserade used Protect sucessfully 4 times in a row...TWICE?!?

#1pacpuf7249Posted 2/24/2013 7:23:59 PM(edited)
Wasnt Protect supposed to fail all the time after the third good use in a row?? But no! This freak of game coding decides to almost beat me using a dishonrable (yet AWESOME) strategy, that if, could be pulled off all the time, Protect+Toxic+Leech Seeders would be unstoppable.

If you have the time, the video # is 88-74442-08636. I dont have youtube to upload fights, so I have to use good ol Battle Videos on the Game Cartridge and Nintendo WFC, and I hope asking you to watch a video isnt a TOS violation, but if it is, please notify me so I can edit this second paragraph out.

For the Protect streaks metioned, go to turns 9-11, and then 16-19.
---
Cool Smash is an action movie in where Matrix-and-X-Men-like characters fight in the warehouse that appeared in the first episode of Falling Skies.
#2Oblivion_HeroPosted 2/24/2013 7:22:44 PM
After protect is successfully used, the odds of it working if used again immediately are cut in half.

So 100% the first time, 50% the second, 25% the third, and 12.5% the fourth etc etc

Two sets of quadruple protects is just bad luck. The closest to that I've seen people pull off 5 in a row to spark absurd comebacks.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#3ChronoCactaurPosted 2/24/2013 7:26:41 PM
Yeah, and more often than not, this happens with the damn AI.

I think the most I've ever been able to pull off is two in a row, and those are rarely intentional.
---
VideoGame Playthroughs: www.youtube.com/azuretranquility
See quote for hardcore M&LSSS
#4Jimmy_NovakPosted 2/24/2013 7:46:37 PM
that's the haxway for ya.
#5Johnny EaglePosted 2/24/2013 9:03:03 PM
pacpuf7249 posted...
Wasnt Protect supposed to fail all the time after the third good use in a row?? But no! This freak of game coding decides to almost beat me using a dishonrable (yet AWESOME) strategy, that if, could be pulled off all the time, Protect+Toxic+Leech Seeders would be unstoppable.

If you have the time, the video # is 88-74442-08636. I dont have youtube to upload fights, so I have to use good ol Battle Videos on the Game Cartridge and Nintendo WFC, and I hope asking you to watch a video isnt a TOS violation, but if it is, please notify me so I can edit this second paragraph out.

For the Protect streaks metioned, go to turns 9-11, and then 16-19.

Welcome to the Battle Frontier/Subway/whatever they call it in X & Y.
---
"Life's a game. It's meant to be played."
"Amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic."
#6Mystery_CooperPosted 2/24/2013 10:19:51 PM
The first time had Roserade's streak broken by paralysis. Pretty sure that would reset the counter.

Second time, though, yeah, ouch. 4 turns in a row.
---
Brawl was released a year ago and it does everyone Melee does but better. - LunaOrngeCrush5
#7LykainPosted 2/25/2013 1:10:17 AM
Just going to point out that the chance of successfully using Protect for 4 turns in a row is 1 in 64. Even something such as missing with a 90% accuracy move twice in a row (happens all the time) is considerably less common.

The 1 and only reason something like that happens more in the subway/PWT than anywhere else is because in-game Pokemon from other parts of the game are less likely to actually have Protect, and because competitive players aren't likely to ever attempt to use Protect more than twice in a row. Even just the 2nd time is rare because of the luck factor.