are move tutor moves breedable?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. are move tutor moves breedable?

User Info: magicmuffin6787

magicmuffin6787
3 years ago#1
are move tutor moves breedable?

like here is an example

i have a hitmontop with sucker punch (HG move tutor move) if i breed it with ditto would the baby tyrouge come out with sucker punch?

User Info: Mikey_R

Mikey_R
3 years ago#2
Not unless it is an egg move.

In this case, Tyrogue can't learn Sucker Punch at all, so the only way to get Sucker Punch on a Hitmontop is via the Gen 4 move tutor.
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/
shiningpikablu252 3 years ago#3
Sorry, but move tutor moves can't pass down on that merit. Only if it's also an egg move on a male or a level-up move on both parents can such a move pass down through breeding.

Interestingly enough, this ignores the precedent Crystal was supposed to have set concerning such moves; Crystal's move tutors could indeed pass down from father to offspring by that merit alone, I really don't see why that changed when move tutors returned in FireRed/LeafGreen and apparently followed FireRed/LeafGreen's lead instead of Crystal's for later tutors...
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. are move tutor moves breedable?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived