This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wild Encounter Rates

#1LazyKoreanPosted 3/3/2013 8:10:41 PM
I noticed something odd while hunting for Jolly Riolu in the ranch today.
When I was searching with Mareep as first Poke, I end up getting like 5+ Mareeps in a row...
Then I switched to different Pokes' I end up getting variety of other Pokes...
However the Riolu was still rare, I caught 2 during the day(with wrong Nature), then tried again at night but didn't see a single Riolu...
Are there any hidden confirmed facts about wild encountering rates? Or am I just having awful creepy luck?
---
Black FC: 5115 2933 0796
#2FuneralCakePosted 3/3/2013 8:17:55 PM
Mareep has Static as its ability, and if it is the first Pokemon in the party, you will encounter Electric Pokemon more frequently.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that makes it easier to find Fighting Pokemon, so you'll just have to keep looking for that Jolly Riolu.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i've got too many devils
#3LazyKorean(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 8:24:40 PM
Ah so that's what Static does, I'm quite new to the Gen V, Last Pokemon I played before Black1/2 was Crystal :) Thanks for letting me know though. I just encountered female Jolly Riolu but accidentally killed it with the random crit :'( Back to the grass I go lol
---
#4DKU_ArichPosted 3/3/2013 9:08:43 PM
Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but how did you know it was Jolly without catching it?
#5LazyKorean(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 9:19:07 PM
It's speed was faster, so I assumed it was Jolly(Only nature I know that boosts speed so far)
---
Black 2 FC: 1979 9850 5484
#6CharizardFirePosted 3/3/2013 9:33:14 PM
It's speed was faster, so I assumed it was Jolly(Only nature I know that boosts speed so far)

There's also Hasty, Naive, and Timid.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.
#7Philip027Posted 3/3/2013 10:02:14 PM
Ah so that's what Static does, I'm quite new to the Gen V, Last Pokemon I played before Black1/2 was Crystal :)

Starting from Emerald version, several abilities were given out-of-battle effects that are not outright specified to the player.

For instance, having a Pokemon with Magma Body or Flame Armor in your party (both abilities that Slugma/Magcargo happen to have, btw) will double the rate at which eggs in your party will hatch.

Leading with a Pokemon with Synchronize will make it a 50% chance that wild Pokemon you encounter will have the same nature as your Synchronizer (as opposed to the 4% chance it usually is, since there's 25 natures)

Leading with a Pokemon with Compoundeyes will double the chance that wild Pokemon you encounter will be holding an item (if they can potentially hold one)

There's plenty of others, sometimes they can be a hindrance, but being aware of these can make the game easier.