This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you buy a Pokemon prequel?

#1gans626Posted 3/5/2013 6:25:06 PM
A game set before there was a Pokemon league back before modern technology, when they would catch pokemon with appercorns. Like set when people started to first realize you could catch and train these monsters.

You would start off as young potential adventurer, you realize you have knack for battling and training that you decide to travel the world going from town to town, showing that these monsters that can fit in your pocket, can be indeed trained and help people get used to the idea.

Does this sound like something would interest anyone?
---
Albert Wesker for President 2016
#2FlyingPotatoePosted 3/5/2013 7:30:52 PM
Why not?
---
:D.... :/.... D:... D':
#3AmyUnleashedPosted 3/5/2013 7:43:18 PM
Sounds good to me, I would find it quite cool if they made spin off games using the main series battle system (& also compatable with other titles in that gen) like you're idea.

It would be great to see the Apricorns have a bigger role, as well as have a less developed (technology wise) region.
#4linkumsPosted 3/5/2013 7:55:13 PM
Sounds like it'd be interesting. I'd probably buy it if it was good.

I'm wondering how Pokemon storage would work. Maybe you can carry more than six with you. And also whether certain rules of battle would not exist yet.
---
Latest post: "6 Popular Games I Don't Really Like"
http://whattheycallgames.blogspot.com/
#5KarmaIsMusicPosted 3/5/2013 7:57:53 PM
If it's based off Pokémon, seeing as my history of playing the games, heck I'd probably try it
#6shiningpikablu252Posted 3/5/2013 8:03:44 PM
AmyUnleashed posted...
Sounds good to me, I would find it quite cool if they made spin off games using the main series battle system (& also compatable with other titles in that gen) like you're idea.

Uh, such use of the main series battle system would make the game either part of the main series proper (i.e. Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness) or a supplement to it (i.e. the Stadium games and Battle Revolution). Spin-offs/side games (the terms are pretty much interchangable) never use the main series battle system or any game assets integral to main series gameplay (i.e. Box and Ranch, themselves main series supplements) for any reason outside some distribution-type bonuses, and even then only the Ranger series and that horribly-overpriced Dream Radar application tends to go that far (in the case of the former, primarily to enhance implications of a storyline connection between the main series and the Ranger games).

The best already-existing Pokémon world country to set a prequel installment involving apricorn mechanics would undoubtedly be Johto, and odds are we already know one character whose ancestor would probably appear in such a case. Question is, just how long ago would said prequel take place? Adaptations often conflict in such timeframes (Prof. Oak's younger self has a primitive Poké Ball object Charmeleon is kept in and that's only 40 years from the present day, but modern Poké Balls have been shown to exist 300+ years in the past thanks to a certain captain from the Orange Islands and his Gastly and Haunter)...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
#7debreasPosted 3/5/2013 10:11:00 PM
thats kinda what i was hoping for pokemon conquest. thinking instead of gyms u fought warlords instead. was not the case but sounds like an intriguing idea of yours.
#8phoenixflame95Posted 3/5/2013 10:33:52 PM
I would.
#9CharizardFirePosted 3/5/2013 10:50:54 PM
The main character should be Oak, and the rival should be Agatha.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.
#10El_GigantoPosted 3/6/2013 2:05:07 AM
If you went around showing people, you can't really battle anyone, can you?
---
FC Utrecht