This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How strong is the signal in Gamestop for the event?

#21Swordy_McStabPosted 3/21/2013 1:11:15 AM
I've been having no luck with the event at my gamestop, they kinda just give me a dumbfounded look and asked if I wanted to pre-order the next game for 3ds. xD keep trying too and the signal is kinda weak at mine.
---
"Thank you, squirrel friend. Your soft, cushy body helped absorb the force of his blow."
#22TherianReturnsPosted 3/21/2013 4:39:56 AM
Chaos Genesis posted...
For God's sake. People are STILL embarrassed about liking Pokemon? You should just stop playing if you're too ashamed to even walk into a store.

To the above poster: they know they're hosting a Pokemon download. I'm sure they get LOTS of people just popping in to do the download and leave.

It has nothing to do with that. DO you know how awkward it is holding a DS in the middle of a store, while people are all around you trying to navigate as well? Also if the cashier turns out to be a goth chick, and she's like looking at you with this stare as if she's thinking "he sure looks shady"...or even if people are willing to snatch your DS and you navigate around towards the Xbox games where it looks even more awkward since you stand still and act on alert like you really are a shady person, but you need to do more than one game, so you come back several time to that same store and the cycle repeats again. But that's not all, you do this again when the next event comes out, because there is only ONE gamestop in your area because Starbucks can't layoff...I spoke too much...
---
I shook hands with the new Pope. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#23Chaos GenesisPosted 3/21/2013 5:04:20 AM
TherianReturns posted...
Chaos Genesis posted...
For God's sake. People are STILL embarrassed about liking Pokemon? You should just stop playing if you're too ashamed to even walk into a store.

To the above poster: they know they're hosting a Pokemon download. I'm sure they get LOTS of people just popping in to do the download and leave.

It has nothing to do with that. DO you know how awkward it is holding a DS in the middle of a store, while people are all around you trying to navigate as well? Also if the cashier turns out to be a goth chick, and she's like looking at you with this stare as if she's thinking "he sure looks shady"...or even if people are willing to snatch your DS and you navigate around towards the Xbox games where it looks even more awkward since you stand still and act on alert like you really are a shady person, but you need to do more than one game, so you come back several time to that same store and the cycle repeats again. But that's not all, you do this again when the next event comes out, because there is only ONE gamestop in your area because Starbucks can't layoff...I spoke too much...

Obviously if it's a tiny store, or you need more room to manage multiple games, that's a different story; when I did - I think it was the Shiny Beasts? - for the Generation IV games, I did end up sitting down outside the store itself and downloaded them, because a) the store I went to was small, and b) I didn't feel like fumbling with 5 carts at once.

Aside from this kind of scenario, though, there is no excuse at all not to go into the store, or at the very least pop a squat outside the door to download the Pokemon.
---
PKMN Black 2: 4900 3748 6340 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
#24Gray_AreasPosted 3/21/2013 6:03:47 AM
TC, you need to learn that no one really cares. If you play Pokemon, good for you. CoD more your thing? That's fine. Sports games? Sure, why not? The only people who REALLY care that you're playing Pokemon are either fellow players or idiots and immature brats who need to learn that their opinions aren't law.

With that said, I went into mine and downloaded the event on all four games. Then I preordered AC: Black Flag and walked out.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#25Elec Man EXEPosted 3/21/2013 11:13:26 AM
TherianReturns posted...
Chaos Genesis posted...

Playing a game inside of a game store is shady? The heck do you think they suspect you of, hacking their security with your DS? Its not like you could be trying to steal games, considering all the games are in locked cases or behind the counter.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#26AleinAtrydaPosted 3/21/2013 12:04:12 PM
I wish the signal in gamestop for the event was good enough to reach Poland...
---
PSN: TheAreinu (BFBC2, BlazBlue, LBP)
White 2 FC: 0047 2018 4094