This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've been playing for over 38 hours. *spoilers*

#1MrDrippyPosted 3/19/2013 6:59:33 PM
Just beat the 7th gym leader. I like the game a lot but I don't really care about any of the characters nor do I remember who most of them are. Maybe this has to do with the fact that I didn't play Black/White 1. And maybe because I stopped playing it since late October (back then I was on my 3rd badge and decided to play it again).

One of my complaints so far is the fact that a lot of towns/cities are practically empty and small. I noticed this for the past couple of towns and stuff. And there isn't much to do in those.

But yeah, good game. I haven't played a Pokemon game this much since the GBA ones. For the GBA ones I'd simply beat the story as fast as possible and never touch it again. I didn't care about Pokemon back then and only played them because I was on a trip and needed something to keep me busy. The Gameboy games were great though! Now I am going to collect the remaining DS games I don't have and will try to assemble a great team. :D I have so much to learn!

---
http://i.imgur.com/R8gpXAg.jpg
#2wheeling_gamerPosted 3/19/2013 8:25:52 PM(edited)
Glad you like it!

The characters will mean a lot more to you if you have a completed file of the prequel, since they most get their development from optional flashbacks that are only available if you transfer data. Those that don't get almost all the development in the prequel. That's one of the complaints I have against this game; it leaves players who didn't play the prequel in the dark.

I've never really found the cities small, but that's maybe because I'm infamous for getting lost in videogames. That makes the cities seem much bigger than they are.

Which Game Boy Advance games do you have? If you only have Ruby, get Soul Silver. If you only have Sapphire, get Heart Gold. If you have Emerald, get either one (or both).

Also, ignore Diamond and Pearl and only get Platinum. The latter made a huge amount of upgrades that make the other two obsolete.

Have fun!
---
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
#3MrDrippy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:49:49 AM
I have all the GB and GBA games except Emerald; think I let a friend borrow it and never gave it back years ago.

---
#4wheeling_gamerPosted 3/20/2013 9:06:07 AM
Then you should be good with Heartgold or Soulsilver. Also, be aware that there are two Pokémon lines that are exclusive to Diamond and Pearl. However, you can get one of the lines in Black 2 and the other in White 2. This requires having both games and doing a bit of side questing, but it's worth it if you want to complete the Pokedex.
---
#5SSJ4CHRISPosted 3/20/2013 12:09:19 PM
wheeling_gamer posted...
Then you should be good with Heartgold or Soulsilver. Also, be aware that there are two Pokémon lines that are exclusive to Diamond and Pearl. However, you can get one of the lines in Black 2 and the other in White 2. This requires having both games and doing a bit of side questing, but it's worth it if you want to complete the Pokedex.

Trade board cuts the need for both versions exponentially.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 White 2 FC: 2924 7399 0619 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#6wheeling_gamerPosted 3/20/2013 3:49:13 PM
Only if you have Wi-Fi.
---
#7RiokenPosted 3/20/2013 5:01:26 PM
Your first mistake was skipping over Black and White 1.

Coming from a chronic nuthugger of the R/B/Y and G/S/C days I could honestly say that Black and White 1 were the best installments since the first two generations. Story, characters, plot, and music give you (or at least gave me) the same nostalgic feeling of playing Pokemon Red/Blue or Silver/Gold. It felt like another game cut from THAT cloth. It's as good as it gets for a Pokemon game at least.

Black and White 2 really felt like it was meant to be an epilogue more than a sequel. Not as expansive in the RPG elements as any of the previous games. The gameplay and extras as you no doubt can tell are great though.
---
[b]Official Klavier Gavin of the GS/AA5 board(s)...Atchung baby! *air guitar solo*[/b]
#8MrDrippy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 6:25:07 PM
I wasn't interested in Pokemon until I saw gameplay vids and trailers of Pokemon Black/White 2 and decided I needed to buy it. I'll most likely end up buying them. I should have time to beat them. But I need to buy HeartGold/SoulSilver before I play Black/White 1. I'm having a hard time looking for a new copy of those games. lol

---
#9CharizardFirePosted 3/21/2013 2:34:45 AM
If you only have Ruby, get SoulSilver. If you only have Sapphire, get HeartGold.

That's an odd recommendation, considering the fact that 4 Pokémon are version exclusives in both pairs of games, and they divide up so that 2 are in Sapphire and HeartGold while the other 2 are in Ruby and SoulSilver.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.
#10wheeling_gamerPosted 3/21/2013 7:28:50 AM
I might have gotten them backwards b/c it's been since I played the games.
---