(hopefully) Simple question regarding 'Normalize' Delcatty

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. (hopefully) Simple question regarding 'Normalize' Delcatty

User Info: CapeMike

CapeMike
4 years ago#1
I've got one of these, and a thought occurred to me...; if a Normalize Delcatty was given a Silk Scarf(all Normal-type moves get %20 power increase), would this actually boost Delcatty's attacks, or would the moves have to -originally- be of the Normal-type? :)

Example; would Iron Tail's power be bumped since Silk Scarf turns it Normal, or would the move have to've been Normal to begin with?

I just thought it'd be a clever way to give some already strong attacks a significant increase...; I'm not a competitive battler, but it'll be a great way to surprise some friends! :D
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3912 5372 2955

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
4 years ago#2
Every move it uses will be Normal type, even if the move is originally another type. Using your example, Iron Tail would get the boost from Silk Scarf.
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
eyes glazed like a mirror to heaven

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
4 years ago#3
Incidentally, note that since all of your moves become Normal, your Delcatty's Thunder Wave can paralyze Ground Pokemon.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: RAcastBlaster

RAcastBlaster
4 years ago#4
And Thunder Wave, being a Normal type move, can be used on Ground types. However, you now have NOTHING to deal with Ghosts.
Currently playing: MMZCollection, Pokemon Black 2 [2538 3598 3001], FE:Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles

User Info: CapeMike

CapeMike
4 years ago#5
Lexifox posted...
Incidentally, note that since all of your moves become Normal, your Delcatty's Thunder Wave can paralyze Ground Pokemon.

Oooooh...didn't even consider THAT.... *evil grin*

Oh yes...I have a good idea of where to go with this Delcatty, now.... :D

Thanks for the clarification, all!
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3912 5372 2955

User Info: Brandon042487

Brandon042487
4 years ago#6
RAcastBlaster posted...
And Thunder Wave, being a Normal type move, can be used on Ground types. However, you now have NOTHING to deal with Ghosts.

I dunno some non-damaging moves seem to hit their immunties, Hypnosis will hit a dark type for example.
>Insert Signature Here<

User Info: gbchaosmaster

gbchaosmaster
4 years ago#7
Also worth mentioning is STAB Normalize'd Sucker Punch which is comparable to Extremespeed.
gbchaosmaster
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/gbchaosmaster/gbAmonAm.jpg

User Info: crazy12_3

crazy12_3
4 years ago#8
Brandon042487 posted...
RAcastBlaster posted...

I dunno some non-damaging moves seem to hit their immunties, Hypnosis will hit a dark type for example.

No
Black 2 FC 4857-5652-4968

User Info: crazy12_3

crazy12_3
4 years ago#9
Lol it wont work if you use twave on a ground type. Honestly thats some basic shil.
Black 2 FC 4857-5652-4968

User Info: Lickitung

Lickitung
4 years ago#10
RAcastBlaster posted...

Delcatty learns Foresight.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. (hopefully) Simple question regarding 'Normalize' Delcatty

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived