This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

International Challenge Wi-fi Tournament: Apr 18-21 [VGC]

#1Team Rocket Elite(Moderator)Posted 4/10/2013 4:02:32 PM
http://nuggetbridge.com/news/2013-international-challenge-april/
http://pglhelp.pokemon.com/en/gbu/2013_International_April/

Registration period by time zone: (Japan is slightly different than everywhere else)
UTC: Apr 11 00:00 UTC - Apr 18 23:59 UTC
PDT: Apr 10 5:00pm - Apr 18 4:59pm
EDT: Apr 10 8:00pm - Apr 18 7:59pm
JST: Apr 12 13:00 - Apr 18 23:59

Registration is actually already open right now (except for Japan).

Battling period by time zone: (Japan is slightly different than everywhere else)
UTC: Apr 19 00:00 - Apr 21 23:59
PDT: Apr 18 5:00pm - Apr 21 4:59pm
EDT: Apr 18 8:00pm - Apr 21 7:59pm
JST: Apr 19 00:00 - Apr 21 23:59

Please note that the tournament ends one earlier this time around.

To register go to the Pokemon Global link website ( http://www.pokemon-gl.com/ ) and go to the Wi-fi Competition section to sign up. You don't need to register your team until you start your first battle so you don't need to rush to finish your team.

The rules are the same as the in person VGC2013 tournaments and GBU Doubles.

-Pokemon Black 2 or White 2 game card only (No Black 1 or White 1 allowed)
-Lv50 Double Battles (Scale down only, Pokemon below Lv50 are not scaled up)
-Team Preview is on. Bring a team of 6 and choose 4 to battle.
-Item Clause and Species Clause are on.
-Soul Dew is banned.
-Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Chatot, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect are banned
-Sky Drop and Dark Void are banned

Detailed rules here: http://pglhelp.pokemon.com/PDF/2013_Int_Challenge_April/2013_Int_Challenge_April_en.pdf

Chatot is banned because Chatter can be used to change its cry even if the move Chatter was banned.

Some things to keep in mind:
-You can use OHKO moves like Horn Drill
-You can put 2 or more Pokemon on your opponent's team to sleep.
-You can freeze 2 or more Pokemon on your opponent's team.
-You can use "hax" items like BrightPowder or Quick Claw.
-You can use evasion moves like Double Team.
-You can use a Drizzle and Swift Swim Pokemon on the same team.
-You can NOT have two Pokemon with the same National Dex number on one team. (This is known as Species Clause)
-You can NOT have two Pokemon with the same held item. (This is known as Item Clause)

The participation prize this time is a Salac Berry and a Liechi Berry. You need 5 complete battles to get it. You do not need to win any of the battles.

In the previous Wi-fi tournament, there was a strong crackdown on disconnectors. Even players with low incomplete battle rate were disqualified. It is strongly suggested you do not try and cheat the system and disconnect on your opponents instead of taking a loss. A loss may drop you in the ranking but a single disconnect could get you removed from the ranking altogether.

As a reminder the next in-person VGC event are the Spring Regionals on April 14th, 2013. They take place at the following cities:

Vancouver, BC, Canada (I'll be at this one!)
Athens, GA
Foxborough, MA
Salt Lake City, UT
Madison, WI

They have not announced a Wi-fi tournament for May yet. It's likely that they will have one with a unique format similar to the February Wi-fi tournament. I'll post more details when they come out.

If you have any questions about the tournament feel free to ask. I'll try to answer anything I can. I think most of you know how things work by now, though.
---
Pokemon VGC2012 Canadian Nationals - 8th place
Pokemon VGC2013 OR Regional - 12th place
#2InfamousCarlPosted 4/10/2013 4:32:05 PM
Two berries this time? Nice!
#3alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 4/10/2013 4:32:12 PM
Is there any reason to download my Digital Player ID now? It locks in my Battle Box right?
---
Black 2 FC: 0605 5786 7352
#4pmasterPosted 4/10/2013 5:33:49 PM
Wait, it's open right now? o-o
#5Team Rocket Elite(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 4/10/2013 6:00:00 PM
alex1_2_3_4_5 posted...
Is there any reason to download my Digital Player ID now? It locks in my Battle Box right?

Nope. There's no real benefit in doing that early. The only thing that has a deadline is the registration on the website.

pmaster posted...
Wait, it's open right now? o-o

Yes, you can register right now.
---
Pokemon VGC2012 Canadian Nationals - 8th place
Pokemon VGC2013 OR Regional - 12th place
#6TherianReturnsPosted 4/10/2013 8:15:14 PM
Much prefer Starf and Lansat berries. Do they not know what Join Avenue is? Yes, I know, But screw the Battle Subway, seriously.
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#7SerperiorThanUPosted 4/11/2013 7:26:24 PM
TherianReturns posted...
Much prefer Starf and Lansat berries. Do they not know what Join Avenue is? Yes, I know, But screw the Battle Subway, seriously.

You said you hate competitive.
#8TBF Bri 10Posted 4/11/2013 8:39:18 PM
Why do I get the odd feeling I'm going to encounter a lot of Machamp and Whimsicott combinations...
---
Survivor of 60-Day Purgatory
"Do you know that it's only beginning?" - Ron Paul
#9TherianReturnsPosted 4/11/2013 9:58:46 PM
SerperiorThanU posted...
TherianReturns posted...

You said you hate competitive.

Why would you remember everything I say and try to use it against me? I say this because my comment has nothing to do with competitive battling.

Then again, lolnotsogifted
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#10reaverzPosted 4/11/2013 10:05:04 PM
TBF Bri 10 posted...
Why do I get the odd feeling I'm going to encounter a lot of Machamp and Whimsicott combinations...

Dunno, has that ever been a thing? I've never encountered that particular combo in the last two competitions, though admittedly I didn't do a whole lot of battling in them...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]