This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help RNG breeding shiny eggs!

#1SquantousPosted 6/30/2013 10:56:35 PM
I'm actually trying to do this on white version but that board was dead, so i hoping I could find someone here. I've just started to RNG using a 3ds XL, rng reporter 9.96.5 and eontimer.

I'm having quite a bit of trouble calibrating. I only get 2 timer0 values (12BB and 12BC) but after about 19 'calibrations' they're neck and neck at 12BC-9 and 12BB-10. I don't understand what timer0 even really means... On top of that, my actual seconds range from +4 to +7, which confuses me as I thought my timing was good due to eontimer. I don't press any buttons until the gamefreak shooting star screen and am wondering what might be causing these different actual seconds readings. Any help would be appreciated!
---
FC: 5287 2293 9463 (White)
#2FuneralCakePosted 6/30/2013 11:06:57 PM
If they're just about even, go with whichever one you like the most. Chances are that you're going to be struggling with the timer0 as it is, so it doesn't really matter.

The timer0 is... well, a timer, basically. The best way to think of it is like subseconds, in a way. If you did any RNGing in 4th gen and had to deal with delays, that's basically what the timer0 is, in a way. It gives everyone trouble, so it's just something you'll have to get used to.

As for the seconds, how often does 4 pop up? You should be getting 7 or 8 when using a 3DS. I would just go with 7, since that's what you should be getting. I got 8 when I did my tests on my 3DS, personally.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i don't want to do things. i want to not do things.
#3Squantous(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 11:22:26 PM
I'm actually new to RNG in general, so all of this stuff is pretty confusing, haha. I only got +4 a couple of times, so i haven't really used it, at all. I've found a seed that I want using a profile with both 12BB and 12BC, the problem is I can't seem to hit the seed. I've gone through a trial and error system of 5,6,7 and 8 seconds and then hatching the egg and seeing if it matches with any of the frames in the seed I'm looking for. Am I doing this right and is this pretty much the only way to find the seed? And if so, should i narrow it down to 7 and 8 seconds as per your suggestion?
---
#4FuneralCakePosted 6/30/2013 11:41:39 PM
Hitting the seed is the most difficult part. Like I said, the timer0 sometimes really will not want to cooperate, so you may be sitting there for a while trying to actually hit the seed.

If you are able to borrow someone's DS or DS lite, I'd really recommend using that, since it makes RNGing a whole lot easier. I'm guessing you can't, though.

Anyway, yeah, try just using 7 or 8 seconds. Use the one you got the most while doing your calibrations. Pretty much you have to compare the results with what RNG Reporter or PPRNG shows you to figure out your seed and frame.

If you have trouble finding your seed and frame, post everything (seed you're trying to hit, frame you're trying to hit, etc.) here and I'll try to help you out.
---
#5Squantous(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 12:01:43 AM
I appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this! How would you yourself go about confirming which seed you're in when breeding. for shinies in particular? I've been pausing when the game starts at the correct time and just grabbing and hatching the first egg and then comparing it's attributes to the results on RNG reporter in the hopes that it matches up. I don't understand the gender portion of those results, though.. the 4 columns lablled 50% 25% 12.5% and 75%.
The seed I'm working on is
4694962DB2443ACA
and the frame I'm looking for is either 132 or 134.
---
#6FuneralCakePosted 7/1/2013 12:36:40 AM
Right, you just basically compare your results with the results in RNG Reporter. If none of them match, you didn't hit your seed.

The gender columns just tell you which gender the Pokemon will be depending on the gender ratio of that particular Pokemon. The first column is for Pokemon with a 50/50 male to female ratio; the second column is for a 12.5% female rate and an 87.5% male rate; etc.

If you want help figuring out what you're getting for results, it would also be helpful to know the IVs you want, the IVs of the parents, the IVs, nature, ability, etc. of what you're breeding... Basically get as completely overcomplicatedly detailed as possible.
---
#7Squantous(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 12:54:30 AM
Ohhh, I see.. So if I'm breeding a dratini which is 50/50 it's only the 50% column that's relevant to determining gender?
IV's are 31/31/31/any/31/31, nature adamant with dream world ability and shiny.
Parents are mother 31/31/31/31/31/31, father 24/31/28/31/0/31, neither are dittos or international and father holding everstone. my ID is 4632 and SID is 46387
---
#8FuneralCakePosted 7/1/2013 1:14:43 AM
Squantous posted...
Ohhh, I see.. So if I'm breeding a dratini which is 50/50 it's only the 50% column that's relevant to determining gender?

Yep, exactly.

And I'd still need to know the IVs, nature, gender, etc. of the Pokemon you're actually hatching. Otherwise I can't figure out which frame(s) you're hitting.

Also, I would suggest not giving an Everstone to your Pokemon. Yes, it does give you more options, but at the same time, it also makes it more difficult to figure out which frame you're hitting. But whatever you want to do.
---
#9Squantous(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 1:40:11 AM
I definitely see what you mean about the everstone... hard to differentiate anything in a see of adamant babies lol.
Most recently I've hatched a female adamant dratini with dw 19/31/28/02/00/25, a male adamant without dw 16/31/28/31/02/03, and a male adamant with dw 24/07/31/10/00/17. How are you able to see which seeds/frames those are coming from? I was curious if/how there was a way of doing that.
---
#10FuneralCakePosted 7/1/2013 1:55:22 AM
You can right click and use the "display parents in search" option to help figure out which frames you're hitting. Like so:
http://i.imgur.com/svPdZUY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JJ0Edvh.jpg

However, if you don't see your results anywhere near your target (which happened all three times in this case), you will have to use the "adjacent seed tool" to help figure out which frame you hit. To do this, you right click on the seed in the time finder. This is a bit more cumbersome to use for eggs, though.

My suggestion is to just keep trying until you hit your seed and get an IV spread that you can actually use to determine which frame you're hitting. That's what I do, anyway; I figure if I don't get anything that will help, then I didn't hit my seed, and figuring out which seed I did hit won't help me.
---