This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Man, that World Tournament is wiping the floor with me

#1PT_PiranhaPosted 7/1/2013 6:59:51 PM
Unless it's Driftveil Tournament or Unova, I can almost never get past the first guy.

It's almost like they know ahead of time exactly what team I'm going to use. Anyone else feel like that?
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Kira of the KHIII Board-
#2rldavis4512Posted 7/1/2013 7:49:40 PM
Yea like one time I was in World Leaders cup and i picked a team of mostly water types and i fought Brock... lol he had NO team member weak 2 water.. Coincidence? I doubt it!
---
5201-0461-8952 <-----Pokemon Black 2 Friend code
0175-6200-4086 <------pokemon black
#3wutzgoodPosted 7/2/2013 6:48:26 AM
Are you using an ev trained team? I wouldnt try it with an ingame team since your opponents will be trained.

I used cloyster, cinccino, porygon2 and slobro and didn't lose a match when clearing them all.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739
#4CornwallacePosted 7/2/2013 9:51:01 AM
I'm having trouble with it too.
I wish they would have some sort of balance between the A.I. reading everything that you've done and are doing, and the silly A.I. of enemy trainers/gym leaders.
You unlock the PWT pretty early, and if you want a chance at some early BP for a nice TM or some other item, you'll have to go and waste your time EV training and breeding at a time when you actually can't breed in game.
---
http://creativegametheory.com/ Tower Defense Game, going to a closed Beta. It's happening! -- Black 2 Friend Code: 0219 2150 9366
#5PT_Piranha(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 11:13:17 AM
wutzgood posted...
Are you using an ev trained team? I wouldnt try it with an ingame team since your opponents will be trained.

I used cloyster, cinccino, porygon2 and slobro and didn't lose a match when clearing them all.

It's no fun if I can't use my guys. I want to win, but I don't want to sterilize the whole experience with some random, new, perfectly trained team I never spent any time with.
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Black Baron of the KHIII Board-
#6DekadensePosted 7/2/2013 12:08:27 PM
>loses every match because he doesn't EV train and cries about.
>Won't Ev train which takes a couple minutes.

Well have fun.
---
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
- Winston Churchill
#7PT_Piranha(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 12:26:54 PM
Dekadense posted...
>loses every match because he doesn't EV train and cries about.
>Won't Ev train which takes a couple minutes.

Well have fun.

I believe you're exaggerating. I was never upset about losing the tournament, just going "man this this thing's really tough", and just wondering if other people ever felt the same.

And did it occur to you that maybe I'm not so versed in the more technical aspects of Pokemon like EV training? I know it's something I don't want to do, but I didn't know it only took a few minutes.

You don't have to be so condescending.
---
#8SSJ3ChrisPosted 7/2/2013 12:54:27 PM
Well dekadense has a point, no one that EV trains has much of a problem with the PWT... So the only choice here is change, or keep trying to go about the way you have which as you testified has not been bearing fruit.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5286-9226-4661
Pokemon White FC:1721 9451 3078
#9wutzgoodPosted 7/2/2013 12:57:41 PM
Without having an ev trained team most of the tournaments are gonna be really tough. You really can't expect an ingame team to do well in a competition.

If you like your ingame team so much you could use ev reducing berries then ev train them again properly.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739
#10PT_Piranha(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 1:04:46 PM
I guess... Just kind of threw me off since at one point the PWT was mandatory, so I didn't think they'd want me to go too far out of my usual habits.
---