This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your best Pokemon!

#1GrimlockSmashPosted 8/8/2013 3:26:33 PM
Show off your best Pokemon (can be more than one) starting and explain why it's the best.

Name: Salamence [Carnage] (M)
Nature: Naive (+Spd, -SpDef)
Ability: Moxie
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EV Spread: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 Sp. Atk
Moves: Draco Meteor, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Outrage
Level: 100
Shiny: No

Right off the bat, one can already see it's a standard Mixmence. This guy wrecks in online battles and Moxie makes it even more badass. He can do pretty well against Ubers (just gotta make sure Rayquaza or Kyogre aren't around). He's also the first perfect (31 IVs in each stat) Pokemon I've hatched so that makes him pretty special to me.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 2710-1782-3720
GT: DvA Infamy
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 8/8/2013 6:09:45 PM
Best overall would be...

Blaziken @Wide Lens
Speed Boost
Jolly
31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed

Hi Jump Kick
Flare Blitz
Protect
Swords Dance

Yeah, yeah. I know. Not a surprise that a Speed Boost Blaziken is my best.
Got him in a trade as a level 10 Torchic and the game says it's legit. A few wifi battles and a spike in my rating later I learned that Speed Boost Blaziken was banned for a reason.
A GOOD reason.

Before anyone says "lol noob nobody uses Wide Lens on Blaziken," hear me out. This item has probably saved my butt more times than I care to count. 90% Accuracy, my foot. Hi Jump Kick missed too dang many times. I like 99% better.

The best Pokemon that I caught myself would be...

Fluffy (Haxorus) @Focus Sash
Shiny
Mold Breaker
Adamant
IVs: Don't know. Don't care. They haven't mattered before and won't matter anytime soon.
EVs: 255 Attack, 255 Speed

Dual Chop
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Dragon Dance

Double Dancing Haxorus. Maybe it's a surprise, maybe it's not. He dances, survives a hit, if he has enough HP for another dance, he dances some more. Then he attacks until he drops.
Like Blaziken, Fluffy has swept entire teams.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#3AmesangPosted 8/8/2013 7:05:44 PM
Megadeth (Nidoking)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Likes to thrash about."
Timid @ 31/31/31/31/31/31 — 6 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
Sheer Force w/ Life Orb
• Earth Power
• Flamethrower
• Thunderbolt
• Ice Beam

I don't RNG often, but when I do it absolutely has to be my favorite Pokémon, Nidoking. This guy wrecks everything he comes across (that doesn't outspeed him or isn't too defensive). He was originally outfitted with Fire Blast, Thunder, and Blizzard, but the poor accuracy eventually got to me. Honest to Arceus if I ever make it through the Battle Subway's Super Multi Line with Hilda, it'll be because of him. Hell, his egg was even hatched in the Battle Subway (as opposed to Gear Station); this guy was born to fight.

(The only reason his Attack IV is so high is because the accompanying characteristic sounded the most "metal")
---
"Help! Help! They've destroyed my cousin's brain!! Oh, my god! They've already milked you, haven't they?!!" -- Phoncible P. Bone
#4GrimlockSmash(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 7:09:54 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Best overall would be...

Blaziken @Wide Lens
Speed Boost
Jolly
31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed

Hi Jump Kick
Flare Blitz
Protect
Swords Dance

Yeah, yeah. I know. Not a surprise that a Speed Boost Blaziken is my best.
Got him in a trade as a level 10 Torchic and the game says it's legit. A few wifi battles and a spike in my rating later I learned that Speed Boost Blaziken was banned for a reason.
A GOOD reason.

Before anyone says "lol noob nobody uses Wide Lens on Blaziken," hear me out. This item has probably saved my butt more times than I care to count. 90% Accuracy, my foot. Hi Jump Kick missed too dang many times. I like 99% better.

The best Pokemon that I caught myself would be...

Fluffy (Haxorus) @Focus Sash
Shiny
Mold Breaker
Adamant
IVs: Don't know. Don't care. They haven't mattered before and won't matter anytime soon.
EVs: 255 Attack, 255 Speed

Dual Chop
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Dragon Dance

Double Dancing Haxorus. Maybe it's a surprise, maybe it's not. He dances, survives a hit, if he has enough HP for another dance, he dances some more. Then he attacks until he drops.
Like Blaziken, Fluffy has swept entire teams.

Your Haxorus's nickname strikes fear in the hearts of millions O.O on the other hand, I actually used to run Wide Lens on my Blaziken (doesn't have Speed Boost, unfortunately) and I do agree it really helps Hi Jump Kick.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 2710-1782-3720
GT: DvA Infamy
#5N-K-SPosted 8/9/2013 12:13:43 AM
Name: Scizor (Red ranger)
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Technician
IVs: 29/29/28/30/31/28
EV Spread: 252 Atk, 6 Speed, 252 Sp. Def
Moves: Bullet Punch, Double Hit, Hidden Power (Fire), Acrobatics
Level: 100
Shiny: No
Item: Fire Gem

More of a surprise set for magnetons that try to trap it. Double hit is powerful with technician boosted to 105 so fire types are hit hard. Bullet punch for Priority and to pick off frail sweepers. Hidden power fire boosted by technician and fire gem to put a dent in magnetons and other scizors, ferrothorns, forrestress. Acrobatics gets a huge boost after hidden power is used rasising it to 110 :D
#6Earth_EchidnaPosted 8/9/2013 3:23:40 AM
None of these Pokémon have known IVs, because I never really focus on them. I also haven't gone in any Wi-Fi battles before, so I can't judge based on that- I'll just go with my experiences in the Battle Subway.

Sawsbuck (Artemis)
Level 100
Leftovers
Jolly Nature
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Return
-Horn Leech
-Nature Power

(Stats: HP 295, Atk 269, Def 159, SpA 126, SpD 157, Spe 302)

From my experiences of using Artemis, he can destroy anything he feels the need to with Swords Dance and Return. His Leftovers, combined with Horn Leech, regain any HP he loses, and is actually quite good against Water types. He's also quite special to me outside of battle, being the first Pokémon I ever EV trained successfully and the second I trained to level 100 without trading.

Druddigon (Discord)
Level 68
Rough Skin
Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Def
-Stealth Rock
-Dragon Tail
-Dragon Claw
-Toxic

(Stats: 237 HP, 183 Atk, 199 Def, 90 SpA, 145 SpD, 89 Spe)

Although he may not look that good, and Dragon Tail pretty much nullifies Toxic, Discord is pretty much the funnest member of my team to use. Setting up Stealth Rock and Toxic allows Discord to deal a decent amount of damage if the foe is using physical attacks, and then using Dragon Tail to send it away is so satisfying. When Dragon Tail runs out of PP, that's when I start with Dragon Claw to finish my foes off. Similar to Artemis, he was the second Pokémon I successfully EV trained.
---
3DS FC: 2707-2741-9594
When Life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand cookies instead! -Official Sandslash of the PMD3 boards
#7archie44Posted 8/9/2013 5:01:08 AM(edited)
Corsola @Zoom Lens
Sassy
Hustle
x/31/31/x/x/x
252 Hp, 126 Sp. Def, 132 Def (some Atk EV's in there somewhere)

Head Smash
Recover
Reflect
Scald

You laugh. But when the stars allign and its Head Smash connects, it is a weapon of destruction.

That one's a first attempt though. I gotta figure out a good HP:Atk ratio. It usually kills itself on impact, lols.
---
Black FC: 4857 2140 8513 | White 2 FC: 1679 1611 7522
Dream World Collection: http://tiny.cc/3ubwjw - Always looking for more!
#8Bryan_SkullPosted 8/10/2013 9:18:59 PM(edited)
Pokemon: Haxorus
Name: Haxorus
Stats:
Lv. 99 (soon to be level 100)
HP 292/292
Attack 375
Defense 200
Sp. Atk 140
Sp. Def 156
Speed 244

Moves: Outrage,Giga Impact,False swipe(used to catch pokemon), Dragon claw

Item: Lucky egg right now (will be dragon claw later on)

Likes: Bryan Skull. Eating and sleeping. Pokemon and trainers that bow down to bryan will.

Hates: Everyone else who is a trainer. Hates the elite 4. Has a high hate towards other dragons. And users of dragon type moves. Also hates ice pokemon and pokemon that uses ice moves. Losing.

Best buds: Serperior,Unfezant,Bisharp, dittos and eevees.

Favorite thing to do: Train other pokemon with lucky egg on.

Goal: Find a shiny pokemon. A shiny pink female dragon pokemon. And to make bryan the best pokemon trainer in the entire world.

Special abilities: able to talk
#9NelsMukPosted 8/10/2013 9:30:27 PM
Well actually you guys Charizard is the best. You may think, well charizard is just a stupid idiot. But his only real weakness is Stone Edge. He has pretty good stats and I have him learn Heat Wave, Fly, Fire Blast and Shadow claw. He is really good and I have won MANY Wi-Fi battles with him. Thats all. The worst pokemon is................ Magikarp.
#10Bryan_SkullPosted 8/12/2013 7:58:11 PM
NelsMuk posted...
Well actually you guys Charizard is the best. You may think, well charizard is just a stupid idiot. But his only real weakness is Stone Edge. He has pretty good stats and I have him learn Heat Wave, Fly, Fire Blast and Shadow claw. He is really good and I have won MANY Wi-Fi battles with him. Thats all. The worst pokemon is................ Magikarp.

Your kidding right?

Charizard is weak agaist 3 types. Electric 2x damage,water 2x damage, and rock 4x damage. Rock pokemon vs Charizard is deadly.

http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/charizard