This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you ever restart your Pokemon games?

#1pmasterPosted 8/9/2013 5:56:33 PM
Do you restart any of your Pokemon games? - Results (99 votes)
Yes
21.21% (21 votes)
Sometimes
32.32% (32 votes)
Never
21.21% (21 votes)
Only the Gameube versions (XD and Colosseum)
2.02% (2 votes)
Only if I have copies or if I have the other version
23.23% (23 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just curious. For the most part, I NEVER restart my games. Just the Gamecube ones...
#2Akira1256Posted 8/9/2013 5:58:56 PM
Well, at least it's easier to backup your save file and start fresh with a different save file on the GameCube games. :D

I've restarted Sapphire and Fire Red a few times, mostly because I'd already moved everything to Emerald and higher. ^_^
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#3IcyBlaze_XZPosted 8/10/2013 11:04:53 PM
uh yeah.

but then again I'm one of the shrinking few it seems that likes the single player; going through the gyms and E4 with different teams of pokemon each time.

There's only so much you can do in one file if you're not spending dozens of hours breeding absolutely perfect IV's, EV's and natures for hardcore competitive battling.
---
b
#4kagster123Posted 8/11/2013 1:09:02 AM
All the time.

But lately I've wanted to create a living dex in my BW2 so I'm playing through gen 3, 4, and 5 games to catch em all. I probably won't restart my games anymore after that. If I want to...I'll use a....you know.
---
W2 FC-0090 4073 1113
B1-3955 8779 8112
#5TherianReturnsPosted 8/11/2013 4:33:50 AM
Never. Official playhtroughs are official from where I start, to becoming champion, to completing the Pokedex.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
3DS FC: 1891 1428 1023 - add for Pokemon X/Y
#6Dathedr-vodhrPosted 8/11/2013 4:53:04 AM
Akira1256 posted...
Well, at least it's easier to backup your save file and start fresh with a different save file on the GameCube games. :D

I've restarted Sapphire and Fire Red a few times, mostly because I'd already moved everything to Emerald and higher. ^_^

like this but then the chain goes higher

FR/LG > E
S/R > E
E >Platinum
D/P >Platinum

and from there normally to Black or as is now, black 2
this way i normally always have a completed or close to completed game in every gen.
---
We must stand as a bulwark against the selfish, the souless and the mad. But above all, For The Greater Good!
#7HuggbertPosted 8/11/2013 4:57:57 AM
kagster123 posted...
All the time.

But lately I've wanted to create a living dex in my BW2 so I'm playing through gen 3, 4, and 5 games to catch em all. I probably won't restart my games anymore after that. If I want to...I'll use a....you know.

i did the same, with the living dex on black. I HAVE restarted the other games since though... hunting those shinies on platinum!
---
Black: Huggy:-0390 1253 3250 White 2:4771 5344 6831
Official Weedle of B/W 2 Pawn shop since CC jobs: 46
#8Dathedr-vodhrPosted 8/11/2013 5:09:35 AM
Another way to look at it is to watch a LP on youtube, the only let down is that you arent playing and doing the choices. this option is for those who want to replay for the story line and not for the pokemon.
---
We must stand as a bulwark against the selfish, the souless and the mad. But above all, For The Greater Good!
#9RiKuToTheMiGhtYPosted 8/11/2013 12:17:02 PM
Never restarted a game, thats what having the other version is for, one game is the primary game with most valuable pokemon or items and the backup version is for when you want to go through the story again or to store some pokemon should something happen to the primary version.

I started doing this more seriously after my "Pokemon Gold" had the battery problem and I lost my save which had a lot off good stuff on it, it was also partially what caused me to stop playing pokemon for a while since that loss hit me hard. When Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen came out I bought them because I figured I might go back to it one day and they were remakes to the first gen which might have been a sign the series was coming back from a mistake.

Turns out I did start playing then again in 2008 or 2009 as I remember one day I just felt like giving it another go, liked it and bought then gen 4 games when Pokemon Platinum was the new game in the series.
---
doa-plus.com - We Press Forward. . . By Pressing Back.
#10NelsMukPosted 8/11/2013 2:12:32 PM
I just put all my pokemon on Brothers game and them bring them back once I have 5 badges.