This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

rate my OU metagross team?

#1xMajinPosted 8/12/2013 1:53:14 PM
Metagross @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 232 Atk / 124 HP / 40 Spd / 112 Def
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Lava Plume

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Psyshock

Forretress @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 228 Def / 236 HP / 44 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Recover
- Yawn

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Ice Fang
- Superpower

First, i know metagross isn't as good as he was in previous generations but he is still my favorite pokemon, which is why i still use him. Also, i want to know if Hone Claws instead of agility would be good on him along with paralysis support, or maybe both hone claws and agility?

Anyways, thanks for any feed back!
---
PSN: x0beLisK951
#2andrewx72Posted 8/12/2013 6:37:47 PM
For your Heatran, is there a reason why you have both Lava Plume and Heat Wave?
#35ky_4nth3mPosted 8/13/2013 3:23:34 AM
i guess hone claws could help since you have meteor mash and zen headbutt but overall agility is probably a much better option because it let's you outspeed the opponents counter as they switch-in

hone claws helps with the accuracy but you'll still go second most of the times, which means you might be as good as dead in many situations

i don't think having the two boosting moves in the same set will work because usually you can't really afford to spend so much time setting up

to be honest, when it comes to pokemon like metagross, i always feel a choice item is the best way to go.
choice band to hit the switch-in HARD (so no need to invest any EVs in speed) or choice scarf to deal with worn down pokemon that you want to take out of the way.
plus, you free a slot in the moveset to add another offensive move (very helpful seeing as his stab moves aren't really that great when it comes to coverage)

i can't say anything about your team as a whole because i've been out of the meta for too long to be able to make any relevant suggestions but i hope the rest of the post helps you in any way
---
3DS FC: 1504-6073-5046
#4xMajin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 1:44:21 PM
andrewx72 posted...
For your Heatran, is there a reason why you have both Lava Plume and Heat Wave?

I didn't know what else to put. I just put lava plume for when i need something that wont miss.
---
PSN: x0beLisK951