What the hell does gamefreak expect us to do with this lv100 event Dialga?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. What the hell does gamefreak expect us to do with this lv100 event Dialga?

User Info: Chimecho3000

Chimecho3000
3 years ago#11
maestro posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
How is it useless?

-already level 100 no fun in raising it
- 9 times out of 10 the damn things have crappy IV's
-You usually can't change the nature by soft resetting on events like this (BRB; docile nature, lol)
-EV's already distributed.

Only the first point is valid.
Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 2192 2813 1966
Pokemon Platinum Friend Code: 3910 6713 6230

User Info: tadashii18

tadashii18
3 years ago#12
Legendaries are so boring now and so easy to get. They've lost their "rare" value. It's so easy nowadays to get even a Genesect or Celebi
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11

User Info: maestro

maestro
3 years ago#13
CakeOfLies posted...
Monster Slasher posted...
ewww Pressure

Pressure > Telepathy

How so?

I've never played and uber battle, but i'm pretty sure most battles end with pokemon dying in 2-3 hits and pretty much eveyrone has the ability to max out PP on their moves.
telepathy would be a god send if you wanted to spam blizzard or eq or surf.
what is a Ł? WE DONT HAVE TIME FOR YOUR IMAGINARY MONEY! HOW MUCH DOES IT COST!?! - the afrochicken

User Info: Salogy

Salogy
3 years ago#14
maestro posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
ewww Pressure

Pressure > Telepathy

How so?

I've never played and uber battle, but i'm pretty sure most battles end with pokemon dying in 2-3 hits and pretty much eveyrone has the ability to max out PP on their moves.

Ever heard of a choice item? If you run out of PP while holding one of them, you are basically forced to switch out.
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs

User Info: Monster_Slasher

Monster_Slasher
3 years ago#15
Salogy posted...
maestro posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
ewww Pressure

Pressure > Telepathy

How so?

Ever heard of a choice item? If you run out of PP while holding one of them, you are basically forced to switch out.

too much stupid after my initial post

- to reiterate, Pressure sucks unless you run a PP stall set (and not having a recovery move better than Rest makes PP stalling a minor side strategy at best)
- spamming Blizzard has nothing to do with Telepathy since Blizzard does not hit your teammate and Telepathy only protects against damage from a teammate's attack
- Choice item users are going to switch out often anyway and it's far more likely they are forced out because their locked-in attack is resisted by the opposing Pokemon than because they run out of PP
I haven't used this account in a while and lost gfaqs9 ;_;

User Info: lordlugia_rocks

lordlugia_rocks
3 years ago#16
would you rather have an ability that lowers the enemy PP by 2 at least doing something or an ability, that in singles, may as well just say "This pokemon has no ability"
#RememberTheManticore - SMITE
"I'll bait you and outsmart you" - nobody important

User Info: Hozu

Hozu
3 years ago#17
lordlugia_rocks posted...
would you rather have an ability that lowers the enemy PP by 2 at least doing something or an ability, that in singles, may as well just say "This pokemon has no ability"

There is one possible benefit to having Telepathy over Pressure - if sent out at the start against opposing Pokémon that has an ability that reveals itself, neither player will be able to determine which one is faster. This could be a negative thing though.

These do have a benefit over 4th gen Pressure ones - there are certain nature/IV combinations that aren't possible, such as Quiet 31/31/31/31/31/0, or ANY mixed nature with all 31s.
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png http://i.imgur.com/Q7Q8S.png
http://tinyurl.com/HozuRNGdEvents - because events have no value http://tinyurl.com/HozuDWF

User Info: waterdeepchu

waterdeepchu
3 years ago#18
um... have fun with it? If you don't want it, dont get it. Its just a promotional thing, and its free. so whatevah~

User Info: Chaos Genesis

Chaos Genesis
3 years ago#19
waterdeepchu posted...
um... have fun with it? If you don't want it, dont get it. Its just a promotional thing, and its free. so whatevah~

Holy crap this.

Jesus Christ the Pokemon community is a bunch of entitled, whiny brats.
PKMN Black 2: 4900 3748 6340 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/

User Info: Monster_Slasher

Monster_Slasher
3 years ago#20
Hozu posted...
lordlugia_rocks posted...

There is one possible benefit to having Telepathy over Pressure - if sent out at the start against opposing Pokémon that has an ability that reveals itself, neither player will be able to determine which one is faster. This could be a negative thing though.

Either a lot of people don't realize that the faster Pokemon shows its ability message before a slower Pokemon or they are too careless to notice. I fried a bunch of Scarf Genesects with my Scarf Pressure Mewtwo in the Global Showdown in lead matchups - even though I expected some of them to switch after realizing Mewtwo was faster, none ever did.
I haven't used this account in a while and lost gfaqs9 ;_;
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. What the hell does gamefreak expect us to do with this lv100 event Dialga?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived