This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What the hell does gamefreak expect us to do with this lv100 event Dialga?

#11Chimecho3000Posted 8/20/2013 8:35:54 PM
maestro posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
How is it useless?

-already level 100 no fun in raising it
- 9 times out of 10 the damn things have crappy IV's
-You usually can't change the nature by soft resetting on events like this (BRB; docile nature, lol)
-EV's already distributed.

Only the first point is valid.
---
Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 2192 2813 1966
Pokemon Platinum Friend Code: 3910 6713 6230
#12tadashii18Posted 8/20/2013 11:08:36 PM
Legendaries are so boring now and so easy to get. They've lost their "rare" value. It's so easy nowadays to get even a Genesect or Celebi
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#13maestro(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 11:24:30 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Monster Slasher posted...
ewww Pressure

Pressure > Telepathy

How so?

I've never played and uber battle, but i'm pretty sure most battles end with pokemon dying in 2-3 hits and pretty much eveyrone has the ability to max out PP on their moves.
telepathy would be a god send if you wanted to spam blizzard or eq or surf.
---
what is a Ł? WE DONT HAVE TIME FOR YOUR IMAGINARY MONEY! HOW MUCH DOES IT COST!?! - the afrochicken
#14SalogyPosted 8/20/2013 11:38:04 PM
maestro posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
ewww Pressure

Pressure > Telepathy

How so?

I've never played and uber battle, but i'm pretty sure most battles end with pokemon dying in 2-3 hits and pretty much eveyrone has the ability to max out PP on their moves.

Ever heard of a choice item? If you run out of PP while holding one of them, you are basically forced to switch out.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#15Monster SlasherPosted 8/20/2013 11:58:13 PM
Salogy posted...
maestro posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
ewww Pressure

Pressure > Telepathy

How so?

Ever heard of a choice item? If you run out of PP while holding one of them, you are basically forced to switch out.

too much stupid after my initial post

- to reiterate, Pressure sucks unless you run a PP stall set (and not having a recovery move better than Rest makes PP stalling a minor side strategy at best)
- spamming Blizzard has nothing to do with Telepathy since Blizzard does not hit your teammate and Telepathy only protects against damage from a teammate's attack
- Choice item users are going to switch out often anyway and it's far more likely they are forced out because their locked-in attack is resisted by the opposing Pokemon than because they run out of PP
---
I haven't used this account in a while and lost gfaqs9 ;_;
#16lordlugia_rocksPosted 8/21/2013 10:32:51 AM
would you rather have an ability that lowers the enemy PP by 2 at least doing something or an ability, that in singles, may as well just say "This pokemon has no ability"
---
#RememberTheManticore - SMITE
"I'll bait you and outsmart you" - nobody important
#17HozuPosted 8/21/2013 12:05:53 PM
lordlugia_rocks posted...
would you rather have an ability that lowers the enemy PP by 2 at least doing something or an ability, that in singles, may as well just say "This pokemon has no ability"

There is one possible benefit to having Telepathy over Pressure - if sent out at the start against opposing Pokémon that has an ability that reveals itself, neither player will be able to determine which one is faster. This could be a negative thing though.

These do have a benefit over 4th gen Pressure ones - there are certain nature/IV combinations that aren't possible, such as Quiet 31/31/31/31/31/0, or ANY mixed nature with all 31s.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png http://i.imgur.com/Q7Q8S.png
http://tinyurl.com/HozuRNGdEvents - because events have no value http://tinyurl.com/HozuDWF
#18waterdeepchuPosted 8/21/2013 12:55:28 PM
um... have fun with it? If you don't want it, dont get it. Its just a promotional thing, and its free. so whatevah~
#19Chaos GenesisPosted 8/21/2013 5:07:48 PM
waterdeepchu posted...
um... have fun with it? If you don't want it, dont get it. Its just a promotional thing, and its free. so whatevah~

Holy crap this.

Jesus Christ the Pokemon community is a bunch of entitled, whiny brats.
---
PKMN Black 2: 4900 3748 6340 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
#20Monster SlasherPosted 8/21/2013 9:40:09 PM
Hozu posted...
lordlugia_rocks posted...

There is one possible benefit to having Telepathy over Pressure - if sent out at the start against opposing Pokémon that has an ability that reveals itself, neither player will be able to determine which one is faster. This could be a negative thing though.

Either a lot of people don't realize that the faster Pokemon shows its ability message before a slower Pokemon or they are too careless to notice. I fried a bunch of Scarf Genesects with my Scarf Pressure Mewtwo in the Global Showdown in lead matchups - even though I expected some of them to switch after realizing Mewtwo was faster, none ever did.
---
I haven't used this account in a while and lost gfaqs9 ;_;