This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a reason why Vulpix is banned in Little Cup...

#1VioletZer0Posted 10/16/2013 3:31:23 PM
Other than the ability drought?

I figure there's a reason why they chose to ban a whole pokemon instead of just banning the ability.
#2Monster SlasherPosted 10/16/2013 3:37:22 PM
VioletZer0 posted...
Other than the ability drought?

I figure there's a reason why they chose to ban a whole pokemon instead of just banning the ability.

Smogon doesn't do "complicated" bans like banning abilities. That's why Blaziken is thrown into ubers instead of banning only Speed Boost Blaziken.
---
I haven't used this account in a while and lost gfaqs9 ;_;
#3VioletZer0(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 3:41:15 PM
It's the only pokemon in little cup that has Drought AFAIK. All they'd have to do is say "no drought!" and that's it. Not very complicated.
#4GoaFan77Posted 10/16/2013 8:58:06 PM
VioletZer0 posted...
It's the only pokemon in little cup that has Drought AFAIK. All they'd have to do is say "no drought!" and that's it. Not very complicated.

Technically they do ban abilities like snow cloak with the evasion clause, but for some reason if it doesn't have to do with a particular clause they just ban Pokemon with broken dreamworld abilities. If you don't like it not much you can do here, you need to yell at them.
---
"How ridiculous and how strange to be surprised at anything which happens in life!"
#5SNIvoryPosted 10/17/2013 4:00:46 AM
GoaFan77 posted...
If you don't like it not much you can do here, you need to yell at them.

ALL RIGHT, GUV! CAPS'LL SHOW THEM!
#6Fullmetal_77Posted 10/20/2013 10:33:52 AM
Monster Slasher posted...
Smogon doesn't do "complicated" bans like banning abilities. That's why Blaziken is thrown into ubers instead of banning only Speed Boost Blaziken.

They banned Moody specifically; they could ban drought specifically.
---
Pokemon White FC: 1549-4524-4165
#7gbchaosmasterPosted 10/20/2013 12:22:31 PM
They banned Moody everywhere with no exceptions. They did not do that with Drought.
---
gbchaosmaster
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/gbchaosmaster/gbAmonAm.jpg
#8AzaneAzerPosted 10/21/2013 10:11:37 AM
reasons why I'm amazed people haven't found a better "COMPETITIVE" (lol) avenue.
#9VioletZer0(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 10:13:04 AM
gbchaosmaster posted...
They banned Moody everywhere with no exceptions. They did not do that with Drought.

Well, there's no reason why they can't ban Drought specifically. Vulpix is not overpowered in any other way.
#10gbchaosmasterPosted 10/21/2013 4:11:53 PM
Because if there's no reason not to do that, then there's no reason not to retier everything that has a substandard ability, which would require a lot of work to fix while enduring a lot of outcry until it gets fixed. All that because someone wants to use Vulpix.

See, on one hand, when a Smogon rule changes, the whole community will comment/praise/criticise it. But on the other hand, quite a few people know Smogon is just a community and there's no reason to deviate from them if you have a good reason to do so, like in this case. And the folks at Smogon know all that.

So basically, they can't be arsed to work on something so big that will please very few people when those people can, for the most part, fix that problem themselves with some good old fashioned communication!
---
gbchaosmaster
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/gbchaosmaster/gbAmonAm.jpg