This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I pick up the Dream Radar?

#1MATDSOTM5Posted 5/8/2014 1:11:51 AM
Slowpoke here, didn't buy Black 2 until thoroughly enjoying X.

I'm aware that I've completely missed out on the Dream World, does this affect the Dream Radar at all? And will the Wi-Fi shutdown prevent me from doing anything? All I would really be after are the Therian genies and the gen 2/4 mascots to trade.
#2Akira1256Posted 5/8/2014 11:48:54 AM
No, you'll still be able to use Dream Radar. But if you're looking to trade, you'll only be able to trade with someone else in the same room after the shutdown.
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#3bandit_wolfPosted 5/8/2014 1:48:24 PM
It's a 3ds game so it's unaffected.
You can't trade them in therian form.
---
PS Deputy & Manager & Dex Filler . Gen 5 [wolfman] [1851-1357-0791]
Say hello to CRAPtendo. GOODBYE pokemon.
#4MATDSOTM5(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 8:54:30 PM
Akira1256 posted...
No, you'll still be able to use Dream Radar. But if you're looking to trade, you'll only be able to trade with someone else in the same room after the shutdown.

Fantastic, thank you both. I'll Pokebank it to X before trading, the game is a bit more active.

bandit_wolf posted...

Do I need to change it back to incarnate form before putting it in Pokebank?
#5GastroFanPosted 5/9/2014 4:21:54 AM
MATDSOTM5 posted...
Akira1256 posted...

Fantastic, thank you both. I'll Pokebank it to X before trading, the game is a bit more active.

bandit_wolf posted...

Do I need to change it back to incarnate form before putting it in Pokebank?

Yes therian forms have to be changed to incarnate before you put them in Pokebank or they won't transfer. Also if you get Keldeo or Meloetta, any of the special moves they learn through the move tutors in Castelia City have to be deleted as well (Sacred Sword and Relic Song I believe) or they won't transfer either.

Official Cresselia of B/W2 and X/Y Boards
When will there be an official Cresselia event?
Official Jirachi of ORAS Boards (didn't want to be the last to claim it)
#6bandit_wolfPosted 5/9/2014 12:27:00 PM
I don't think you need to change them if you are putting them into pokemon bank. I have a therian form in X. Not 100% though.
---
PS Deputy & Manager & Dex Filler . Gen 5 [wolfman] [1851-1357-0791]
Say hello to CRAPtendo. GOODBYE pokemon.
#7supeerdudePosted 5/11/2014 4:23:40 PM
bandit_wolf posted...
I don't think you need to change them if you are putting them into pokemon bank. I have a therian form in X. Not 100% though.

This. I got Thundurus and Tornadus from Dream Radar and immediately put them into Bank. Didn't change anything and they transferred fine.
---
Black 2: 3698 1591 0284 3DS Friend Code : 3969-4716-9650
PSN : Liutile