This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do we get our SID now?

#1PiruquitaPosted 8/10/2014 7:47:59 AM
With Pokecheck down for maintenance and Nintendo servers down forever, is there any way left to know your SID in gen V? Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!
#2bandit_wolfPosted 8/10/2014 7:12:16 PM
You can try one of the alternate menthods. I think that usually means you need to find some shiny pokes first.
---
PS Sheriff, Manager & Dex Filler
{3ds=banditwolf} [X=WOLFMAN or Bandit] [1504-6276-7342] [tsv: 967, 2929, 2865, 3452]
#3c_corvusPosted 8/10/2014 11:18:07 PM
Unfortunately, outside of hacking, you will have to catch a shiny via random encounter, find the IVs, calculate your PID, convert to Binary, and do some math to find your SID.

I found this thread to be helpful:
http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?150887-Pok%E9mon-Black-and-White-RNGing

You'll also need RNG reporter, I believe. I'll come back and see if I can find a concise guide or further information.

The hardest part is getting that shiny random encounter
---
[This signature is currently under construction]
#4Piruquita(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 7:02:33 AM
Thanks for your help!

Finally I have my secret ID. What I did was trading a pokemon to a flashcard game and opening the save with Pokegen. It shows the data from the original trainer and it's an alternative to Pokecheck that I didn't know because I've seen people with Pokegen struggling to get their SID, so it was a surprise to discover that the program can actually give you the number.

Fortunately, I got access to a flashcard and could do this little trick, because yes, the shiny random encounter is a pain to get. Don't like hacking, but not enough time to rely on my luck.