This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shuckle

#1StellarLoxPosted 12/1/2012 6:15:45 AM
I've have those 6 Shuckles hatched.. Not EV trained yet. Still level 1. I was thinking, I want to put them as my battle team, and EV train defense and special defense and the last 4 for HP. I was thinking, it's the best thing for Shuckle right? And it's moveset... I was thinking of this :

Shuckle 1:

Sandstorm

Stealth Rock

Encore

Rest

^ (having a chesto berry)

Shuckle 2:

Power Trick

Earthquake

Wrap

Toxic

^ (having Life orb)

Shuckle 3:

Protect

Toxic

Venoshock

Power Trick

^ (having Life orb)

Shuckle 4:

Wrap

Power Trick

Earthquake

Flash

^ (hacing Life orb)

Shuckle 5:

Safeguard

Flash

Power Trick

Rollout

^ (having Life orb)

Shuckle 6:

Sandstorm

Toxic

Power Trick

Bug Bite

^ (having Life Orb)

Yeah I know I'll need lots of BP but that's no problem and yeah I can move some of Shuckles to white 1 to learn some attacks from there and come back to white 2 to learn others.

So... what do you guys think? Is it a good team?
---
[img]http://s1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/loxanicala/images1.jpg[/img]
#2HydroDragonPosted 12/3/2012 5:29:12 AM
The only decent Shuckle set is Toxic/Rest/Encore/Stealth Rock. Attacking moves (Except Knock-off) and Power Trick are a waste of time because Shuckle's far too slow and will have almost zero defenses after using Power Trick, meaning it'll be OHKOd by any attack. If you're using these for in-game you may want to use Protect, Helping Hand or Double Team depending on how you're using Shuckle. Entry hazards are definitely a waste of time in-game though and Protect would work far better.
---
PSN/X-Box:- HydroDragon95
White Friend Code:- 0690 7918 2154
#3StellarLox(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:20:19 AM
Okay, thanks. I will look for chances to use this strategy on pokemon using special attacks in the future.
---
[img]http://s1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/loxanicala/images1.jpg[/img]
#40Kira0Posted 12/8/2012 12:09:28 AM
With Power Split, offensive physical moves are not that useless against physical sweepers as you may think.

I've done it plenty of times against my friend's physical sweepers and it renders them pretty weak. They don't have enough attack to actually hurt my shuckle due to the 600+ defense, and my shuckle can hit decently.

I personally play around with a Power Split/Guard Split/Power Trick/Earthquake Shuckle.
I'd prefer Stone Edge, but I couldn't get the TM when I made this Shuckle.

Pairs up really well in Double/Triple battles. Makes my Blissey stupidly hard to beat.