Superb game!

#1the_sVigPosted 9/7/2012 2:20:45 PM
And quite some replay value from what I can gather. New game+ in it as well. No idea how far in to the game I am though because I dunno how many levels there are. Still a fair few upgrades to unlock though.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/70426.png
#2SikariosPosted 9/7/2012 3:23:03 PM
I agree. Best XBLA game since Limbo, imo.
---
GameFAQs has a strong presence of stupid. - TheGamerPenguin
#3AWarAmp84Posted 9/7/2012 5:13:31 PM
I just played for about an hour I have to say I'm impressed. It's about time I get to play a real stealth game and I can see it having quite a bit of replay value too.
---
This message was typed using an Iphone. Spelling errors happen often, get over it. Currently playing Trials Evolution, Minecraft and L4D and L4D 2.
#4CarpetfluffPosted 9/8/2012 5:23:41 AM
My main worry was that I was getting so OCD about doing all the collectibles and bonus objectives in one go that I wouldn't have any left to go back for, but the game starts giving you kill challenges on levels before you could have unlocked the upgrade needed for them, so you can't blow through everything first time through each level.
#5thunderbonePosted 9/8/2012 7:51:57 AM
I have Shank/2, and I'm wondering if this is worth my time. It seems to play a lot like Shank, but if there's enough to give me a different experience, I would go for the full game.
#6HelixisPosted 9/8/2012 8:04:00 AM
My main worry was that I was getting so OCD about doing all the collectibles and bonus objectives in one go that I wouldn't have any left to go back for, but the game starts giving you kill challenges on levels before you could have unlocked the upgrade needed for them, so you can't blow through everything first time through each level.

Which levels do that? Just completed it and I don't remember a level that needs you to have upgrades from future levels.
---
http://www.realraptalk.com/images/smilies/Sniper.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/Helixis.jpg
#7CarpetfluffPosted 9/8/2012 8:04:39 AM
thunderbone posted...
I have Shank/2, and I'm wondering if this is worth my time. It seems to play a lot like Shank, but if there's enough to give me a different experience, I would go for the full game.

It may look similar with the art style but the game itself is almost the polar opposite of the way Shank plays and it has much more consistent controls and game mechanics. If you have any interest in stealth games, give it a try. I think it's easily their best game by far.
#8CarpetfluffPosted 9/8/2012 8:07:40 AM
Helixis posted...

Which levels do that? Just completed it and I don't remember a level that needs you to have upgrades from future levels.

Well, for example, to scare a guard with the hanging body of another guard. I didn't get that ability in the upgrade 'shop' until after I'd finished that level and I had the maximum honor points for the all the preceding levels so it can't have been that I could have unlocked it sooner.
#9BarakahPosted 9/8/2012 3:42:39 PM
Carpetfluff posted...
Well, for example, to scare a guard with the hanging body of another guard. I didn't get that ability in the upgrade 'shop' until after I'd finished that level and I had the maximum honor points for the all the preceding levels so it can't have been that I could have unlocked it sooner.

Yeah and it depends on which order you choose the upgrades too I guess. The hangman was one of the last stealth kills I unlocked. I already had bat's prey from pretty early on so I didn't really see the point in unlocking hangman too, since it seemed like the same ability only with less applications (I know better now lol).
#10thunderbonePosted 9/9/2012 7:59:15 AM
Carpetfluff posted...

It may look similar with the art style but the game itself is almost the polar opposite of the way Shank plays and it has much more consistent controls and game mechanics. If you have any interest in stealth games, give it a try. I think it's easily their best game by far.

Your advice was well-placed. I enjoy this game. Makes me think of the remake of Rush N'Attack if it'd been done just a bit better. Dunno if that matters coming from me, considering the fact I actually liked the remake of Rush N' Attack. It was buggy, but could be good for a nice 2D romp.