Everything is too small and too dark

#1deathsmilesPosted 9/8/2012 2:14:49 PM
I'm playing on a 36" SDTV and the main character is only about an inch tall, everything is really small like I'm watching it from several miles away, and on top of that the environments are dark with you always sneaking around in the shadows. Strains the hell out of my eyes. I've noticed a lot of 360 games are more eye straining than their PS3 counterparts. I don't know if the 360 is displaying in a higher resolution, or what. But I'm sick of it. I'm thinking of selling my 360.

Inb4 "buy a new TV"
---
Modern video games are for losers.
#2chaos_belmontPosted 9/8/2012 2:31:21 PM
Well sell it then and don't buy a new tv, have fun.
---
Dark sorcerer, king of dark intentions, sensual pleasures pirate, constant hankering for honey, sprinkly toes thrillseeker extraordinaire.
#3EremyndilPosted 9/8/2012 2:53:16 PM
deathsmiles posted...

I'm playing on a 36" SDTV

That is a decent size, any smaller and yeah, it asks more from your eyes. The main problem this generation has been font size being too small; I play on a 42" 1080p. CD Projekt Red added an option for big font size (default is the smaller one) for The Witcher 2, and its super big. LOL

and on top of that the environments are dark with you always sneaking around in the shadows

Well, thatīs Mark of the Ninja. However, is the background also too dark? Have you calibrated your TV before? I did and I have had to change (the in-game) brightness setting in like, only two games (maybe three) and only by one or two clicks.

I've noticed a lot of 360 games are more eye straining than their PS3 counterparts. I don't know if the 360 is displaying in a higher resolution, or what.

A higher resolution actually helps your eyes if the textures are also high quality. PS3 and 360 games are mostly the same. Early PS3 games did have poorer texture quality with the other way around being the odd thing.
---
2005: Console gaming's (early adopter) consumers become pay-to-play game testers (bugs/glitches)
Stanley Woo: "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"
#4BarakahPosted 9/8/2012 3:04:25 PM
deathsmiles posted...

That's why. It's supposed to be played in HD. I'm not saying "buy a new TV", just stating a fact. You can't buy a HD console and a HD game, and then complain that it doesn't look right on a non HD television.

I'm playing on a five year old 32" 720p LCD TV, a heap of crap compared to the TVs you can buy now for the same price, and this game looks amazing. As do all of my other games.

So uhh... Buy a new TV. Seriously man it's 2012 WTF are you doing with a SDTV? A HDTV would probably pay for itself within a year purely off of the electricity savings alone compared to what you've got now.
#5AWarAmp84Posted 9/8/2012 3:48:35 PM
I'm playing on a 42" HDTV and and I have no problems at all. I wouldn't blame your xbox, its your tv that's the problem. I think it's time for an upgrade buddy, SDTV's are a thing of the past.
---
This message was typed using an Iphone. Spelling errors happen often, get over it. Currently playing Trials Evolution, Minecraft and L4D and L4D 2.
#6EremyndilPosted 9/8/2012 4:06:25 PM
Barakah posted...
deathsmiles posted...

That's why. It's supposed to be played in HD.

WHOA! Huge reading fail on my part. Yes, do get an HDTV.
---
2005: Console gaming's (early adopter) consumers become pay-to-play game testers (bugs/glitches)
Stanley Woo: "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"
#7NewShirePosted 9/8/2012 5:29:17 PM
It sounds like you want to blame either the game or your xbox, when the only thing causing your problem is your TV.
---
Proud owner of a PlayStation Vita.
#8Agent_AcePosted 9/8/2012 8:52:45 PM
I wouldn't dare play these console games on an SDTV. Even I owned an age old CRT till now and switch to a 42" inch Bravia LED a few weeks back. Before that, I had the console hooked up to my PC's Dell 24" inch. Trust me, the font and the resolution looks way better on an HDTV rather than an SDTV. I tried the game last night and I had no problem whatsoever with the character's identification. I guess you need to upgrade the Television.
#9ScymitePosted 9/8/2012 9:04:35 PM
deathsmiles posted...

Inb4 "buy a new TV"

Give me an answer, but not the answer to my question.
---
"half life is god, if you gave gordon freeman long hair he'd be freaken jesus with a crowbar" -- ilovecarebears
#10eriko32Posted 9/8/2012 10:17:50 PM
I would complain to Xbox support, you might get a refund. I know they gave them to people who bought Minecraft and couldn't play splitscreen because they had an SDTV or you could get like a 24" inch Asus Monitor for less than 200 bucks those are pretty good
---
http://banjo-kazooie.com/uploadedImages/Media/bottles.gif
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/AdamantErik.png