New game plus?

#1stonePosted 9/9/2012 4:31:06 PM
What are the differences with the normal game? Do enemies detect you easier? Less reaction time for stealth kills? Carry less items?
---
PONG WAS REAL? I thought that was just a story parents told kids to scare them
#2AWarAmp84Posted 9/9/2012 5:07:00 PM
When playing new game plus you get to use all your unlocked gadgets, you can't see your sound bubble and the enemy's are more alert.
---
This message was typed using an Iphone. Spelling errors happen often, get over it. Currently playing Trials Evolution, Minecraft and L4D and L4D 2.
#3PhoenixAssassinPosted 9/9/2012 5:21:27 PM
you also can't see behind you
---
"Apparently the phrase "mile high club" equals sex to some and COD to others lol" -wretchedsmurf
#4Twilit_NightPosted 9/9/2012 5:41:00 PM
- You have your own line of sight now, where you can only see in a cone from the character's eyes. Everything else is blurred out, to the point that the only part of enemies you can see is the sound rings when they walk.
- Your steps won't make visible sound rings anymore
- You can't see the cone for guards' line of sight anymore
- There isn't a visible indication for how far dogs can smell you anymore
- I think that you take more damage from attacks, as well, as I frequently died from a single shot when I remembered being able to survive 2 or 3.

Additionally, everything you unlocked carries over, and you can upgrade abilities and switch styles at the beginning of every mission, even in missions where you weren't given the option before.

And that's all I can think of. Hope that helps.
---
You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.
#5stone(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2012 6:01:02 PM
Wow okay thanks for all the info!
It'll be much much harder, not being able to see anything but what my character should normally be able to see.
i'm at the last level of the normal game I'll give new game plus a try for sure after I'm done ;)
---
PONG WAS REAL? I thought that was just a story parents told kids to scare them
#6PhoenixAssassinPosted 9/9/2012 6:28:07 PM
yea, you die in 1 shot. i have fully upgraded armor and I go down in a shot
---
"Apparently the phrase "mile high club" equals sex to some and COD to others lol" -wretchedsmurf
#7-Morbid-Posted 9/9/2012 8:32:56 PM
Is there a way to replay the missions without the increased difficulty?

Thinking about getting it and the New Game + difficulty increase sounds fun, but I'd also like to be able to play without the difficulty increase, depending on my mood.
#8Twilit_NightPosted 9/9/2012 11:18:11 PM
The normal and New Game + difficulties are seperate, but share seals, stars, and scrolls. Even after you start new game plus, you can always go back to normal and play any mission without affecting anything.

Also, any scrolls stars, or seals you have when you start new game plus will still be unlocked immediately, so you won't have to do them again.
---
You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.
#9PhoenixAssassinPosted 9/9/2012 11:49:59 PM
there is a level select. and also plenty of reason to go back and try levels over and over again
---
#10CyrianFontainePosted 9/10/2012 10:39:06 AM
Sounds hardcore. I'll definitely give it a try, but I'm not even going to attempt to do so until I've mastered Normal.