Best ninja game since Tenchu series.

#1Solidus1978Posted 9/18/2012 5:41:09 AM
For me, being a ninja was always about stealth ever since I first experienced Tenchu: Stealth Assassins. This game has it's own style and feel to it yet it pays homage to the stealth genre.

I've been waiting for a ninja stealth game like this for awhile now. The last decent ninja stealth game was Tenchu Z imo. While other games like the Shinobi series and the Ninja Gaiden series are fun action filled adventures in there own right, they never really appealed to me to the degree of the stealth based games.

It's nice to see a game company do something a little different in a 3D dominate game industry. The 2D idea was brilliant. Reminded me a bit of how Castlevania: Symphony of The Night was such a hit back on PS1 when everything was just starting to move into the 3D era, albeit this game is more for a niche crowd.

Hopefully the success of this game will bring more sequels along in the future.

Kudos to these developers =)
---
Faith is the substance of things hoped for but not seen.
#2Kensei25Posted 9/18/2012 6:00:59 AM
100% agree with you here.

I have been a huge fan of Tenchu ever since the original came out in 1998. But, Mark of the Ninja truly does rival it, and dare I say surpass it, as hands-down the best ninja game ever in my book.

I literally feel like begging Klei to make a sequel! This masterpiece deserves one.
#3Rain6152Posted 9/18/2012 11:32:42 AM
I agree, this game is fantastic.
---
Pittsburgh Penguins fan for 25 years.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maiivujcgt1qipvi4o1_500.jpg
#4BeamobabyPosted 9/19/2012 11:47:57 AM
My feelings exactly.

The Tenchu series needs more love. And a new sequel.

Mark of the Ninja scratches that itch sooooooo well.
#5NafzgerPosted 9/20/2012 5:53:20 AM
I want another Tenchu game. The last good one was Wrath of Heaven. That was a long time ago
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
Brutish tempers curbed by ten to twenty lashes.
#6Kensei25Posted 9/20/2012 8:22:10 AM
Agreed. I have been hoping for a new Tenchu game for ages. Honestly, it is incredible to me how badly the Tenchu IP has been mismanaged by From Software and why they are not focusing more on it.

In the meantime, thank goodness for Mark of the Ninja and Klei. Hopefully, Klei will make a Ninja 2!
#7True RunePosted 9/20/2012 4:03:32 PM
Nafzger posted...
I want another Tenchu game. The last good one was Wrath of Heaven. That was a long time ago

are you not counting Tenchu Z for some reason?
---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the THOUSANDS!!! Look at me!!! I am sublime!! I am the TRUE face of evil!!!
#8GrandMast3rPosted 9/20/2012 8:22:56 PM
Tenchu Z was great. The Wii title stripped most of the original gameplay, and was too linear. Not to mention the god awful wiimote first person battle mechanic. Disgusting.

Tenchu needs better production value like Metal Gear and Splinter Cell series. Maybe there is little hope of a new one being announced at Tokyo Game Show.
#9NafzgerPosted 9/20/2012 8:24:34 PM
True Rune posted...
Nafzger posted...

are you not counting Tenchu Z for some reason?

Hated it. Couldn't invert look.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
Brutish tempers curbed by ten to twenty lashes.
#10Kensei25Posted 9/21/2012 9:15:26 AM
Tenchu Z was awesome----definitely one of the better Tenchu games, despite it's faults, and it was a great step in taking the Tenchu series and gameplay in a good direction.

As much as I love Tenchu, now that I have played MotN, I am almost more wanting now a MotN sequel from Klei over a new Tenchu game