Best ninja game since Tenchu series.

#31Mumble_Posted 12/30/2012 5:23:52 PM
Kind of off topic, but how is Dishonored? I've heard mixed reviews about it. I really love this game. I also like the MGS series even though its not as stealth oriented as this.
---
Bulbasaur is the best starting Pokemon.
#32Grendel PrimePosted 12/30/2012 8:10:32 PM
Mumble_ posted...
Kind of off topic, but how is Dishonored? I've heard mixed reviews about it. I really love this game. I also like the MGS series even though its not as stealth oriented as this.

It's not very challenging, even on the harder modes, but I absolutely loved Dishonored. The plot, and especially the setting. I dig the artstyle. The music is good, the voice acting is excellent, though some of the characters are a little underutilized/underdeveloped. The gameplay is good, controls are tight and responsive, which is important because there is a platforming element to the game. You get cool powers, though there is something to be desired in the leveling/skill tree. Enemy AI is not all that bright (again, not very challenging) but some of the enemy types add some variety and force you to change up your tactics. Less than I would have liked but enough to keep me engaged and entertained.

All in all I would give it an 8.5/10. A strong entry for a new IP that left me looking forward to a sequel.
---
"Uh, 'video game' you say? Well golly gee, you mighty spacemen of the future will have to show me how it works." - Fry
#33crunchb3rryPosted 12/30/2012 10:25:30 PM
The stealth in Dishonored only really becomes "cool" if you bump the difficulty. It's a joke on the standard setting. You can be realistically in full view of people that, for some reason, can't see you.

It's a cool game. But I think the draw is the "universe." The backstory and setting is great. The game...kinda just above average. But it's definitely worth playing. The lore of the game is odd, but reminded me so much of Bioshock. Being a place that you just found yourself being interested in knowing more about. Maybe it was all the whale stuff, I don't know. It just worked. Not GOTY, but close.
#34Grendel PrimePosted 12/31/2012 8:18:35 AM(edited)
crunchb3rry posted...
The stealth in Dishonored only really becomes "cool" if you bump the difficulty. It's a joke on the standard setting. You can be realistically in full view of people that, for some reason, can't see you.

It's a cool game. But I think the draw is the "universe." The backstory and setting is great. The game...kinda just above average. But it's definitely worth playing. The lore of the game is odd, but reminded me so much of Bioshock. Being a place that you just found yourself being interested in knowing more about. Maybe it was all the whale stuff, I don't know. It just worked. Not GOTY, but close.

I second this - in addition to my mini-review - except that I would put it higher than just above average. Obviously, given my 8.5/10 rating. (I interpret "just above average" as 6 to 7.5/10)

Everything else crunchb3rry said I agree with.
---
"Uh, 'video game' you say? Well golly gee, you mighty spacemen of the future will have to show me how it works." - Fry
#35ChuckyPosted 1/2/2013 5:52:33 PM
Just finished this game and it was really good, as soon as I started playing I thought it felt like a 2D Tenchu and once you got the grappling hook it was even more awesome.

Tenchu was a great series, I thought 1 and 2 were just epic games, so much fun, Wrath of Heaven was good but it didn't grab me the way the other 2 did, wan't too keen on Z but I only played a demo. Loved the first 2 though, especially the level editor in the second. I remember being in high school when it come out and me and a few mates bought some cheap PS1 memory cards of the market and we'd all make levels and bring the cards i and swap them about trying each others levels, was great.

Anyway hope we get a sequel to this game, it's been a good year for arcade games and this was one of the best.
---
Oh, that's good! Fantastic, that is, twenty minutes to save the world, and I've got a Post Office. And it's shut. - The Doctor