be a pro....questions

#1brandedtheonePosted 8/9/2012 12:51:11 PM
thinking of coming back to NHL this year as opposed to fifa but my main highlight for fifa was be a pro and i've read its in this. how similar is it to fifa's like do u get accomplishments and is there online clubs?
---
"its just that simple" nobunaga, oda
Gamertag - Shinigami Omega
#2ProfanaTPosted 8/9/2012 1:36:03 PM
You get rewarded with attribute bonuses after completing certain tasks in the game, or over the course of it. It's not like FIFA in the sense that it's automatically applied to your Pro, or in the sense that you just bend in a few kicks or make a handful of tackles -they more run along the lines of X goals in X games, or hits, etc... Also it could be Play an exhibition game against certain leagues (AHL v NHL).

As for the Online clubs, the BAP is a single player Pro mode and, as has been in the previous installments, is separate from the Online Pro mode. The Online Pro mode is EASHL/OTP game modes. EASHL is an online league where you can join a club or you and friends create one, and play against others for league and rank position and possibly playing in the Cup finals for your league (amateur/pro/elite).

As for the unlocks, once unlocked, you can apply them to your online or offline pro.

I know this may seem like a lot of negative stuff, as it goes against your hopes, but from what I've read, BAP this year is taking what it did in 12, and making slight tweaks to further improve it. For example, if your player is playing well enough to have high standing in the club, you can now request a trade. They also beefed up the already existing feature of ice time and tasks the coach asks you to do during the match.
---
- Ex Corde Vita - Fortem Fors Juvat -
XBL Gamertag: IXILegionIXI ||| PSN: XIXLegionXIX
#3PsychoD_BoyPosted 8/9/2012 8:16:13 PM
The NHL games have had BAP since NHL09. Its pretty much like BAP in FIFA but you gain XP for every game based on performance and spend it were you see fit. Your player doesn't grow as fast in the NHL games as he does in FIFA. I made a 73 overall striker and he grew to 85 by mid season but my sniper in NHL will only jump MAYBE 3 after a season.

But if by BAP you really mean Virtual Pro, then no, the modes are nothing alike.
---
Don't complain about a game having to much content that you can't focus. It's not the games fault you have the attention span of a squirrel.
#4brandedtheone(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2012 1:43:57 PM
Will probably invest then because i like the idea of starting with someone crap and building him up and playing online in a team with friends. thanks guys
---
"its just that simple" nobunaga, oda
Gamertag - Shinigami Omega
#5Crono801Posted 8/11/2012 4:56:53 PM
There's also Be a Legend mode in NHL where you can select an actual NHL skater.