How the hell do I win faceoffs?

#1ksk99Posted 9/12/2012 7:29:49 PM
I can never win them. Please help!
---
Pokemon Pearl fc 0086 8919 9996
#2PompousDawsonPosted 9/12/2012 7:42:39 PM
left bumper and hold right stick left or right to choose a hand, then when ref moves his arm swipe up or down.
#3RahzarXPosted 9/12/2012 7:58:08 PM
Don't hold left bumper... that literally does nothing except if you want to do a "deke faceoff".

The trick is to go forehand and roll back when the puck drops. If you're up against a bigger guy, go back hand and roll up on the stick to lift and push him forward.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#4skpalPosted 9/12/2012 8:23:01 PM
RahzarX posted...
Don't hold left bumper... that literally does nothing except if you want to do a "deke faceoff".

The trick is to go forehand and roll back when the puck drops. If you're up against a bigger guy, go back hand and roll up on the stick to lift and push him forward.

what?
#5paulguyPosted 9/12/2012 9:05:25 PM
Are you just pressing down or setting up properly by holding left or right first?
If youre trying to win by just pressing down you deserve to lose all your faceoffs.
---
Mass Effect 3 is one hell of a game!!
#6RahzarXPosted 9/12/2012 10:39:38 PM
skpal posted...
RahzarX posted...

what?

... what?
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#7Demigod_TyekPosted 9/13/2012 1:45:34 AM
1. Press the left thumbstick to the left or right to take a stance

2. When the ref's arm drops, press down on the right thumbstick (if your perspective is up) or up (if your perspective is down). Basically, whichever direction your team is.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Tyek
#8este914Posted 9/13/2012 5:01:36 AM
Demigod_Tyek posted...
1. Press the left thumbstick to the left or right to take a stance

2. When the ref's arm drops, press down on the right thumbstick (if your perspective is up) or up (if your perspective is down). Basically, whichever direction your team is.

So when the refs arm drops, do you let go of the left stick at the same time as you are pressing the right stick? or keep it left or right and then press the right stick?
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#9BigTlovesBEERPosted 9/13/2012 5:02:59 AM
RahzarX posted...

this dude speaks the truth