Last Lockout and Rosters - Something to remember

#1nikowwfPosted 8/30/2012 7:11:23 AM
Last lockout, until the lockout was done we didn't get roster updates. We need to make sure that is the case or else essentially we are paying to play with last years rosters.

Just a thought.
#2este914Posted 8/30/2012 10:10:29 AM
I dont understand, how does this apply this year?
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#3nikowwf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2012 10:41:00 AM
ARe they going to update rosters if the lockout is going on when the game gets released? If not, like last time we will have no updated rosters (last years rosters).
#4angrymobjusticePosted 8/31/2012 12:50:22 AM
The roster was announced awhile ago, and everything is up to date. You won't be paying for last years roster.
#5mattymo35Posted 9/1/2012 2:47:23 PM
The rosters are definitely not up to date. Not to mention players like Yakupov, Granlund, Tarasenko who haven't played yet, but are going to be on their respective teams. It's very frustrating if we don't get updated rosters, but I don't think it's EAs fault, I think it has something to do with the NHLPA.
---
RSS officer--- redsoldiersyndicate.com
#6The Amazing ViperPosted 9/7/2012 9:33:30 AM
angrymobjustice posted...
The roster was announced awhile ago, and everything is up to date. You won't be paying for last years roster.

This. There are already photos of Nash in Rangers blue and Suter in a Wild jersey. There are even videos of all the starting rosters out there to see for yourself. Sure they won't update rosters if theres a lockout because no players will be moved during a lockout. Now if the lockout lasts all season players might play in the KHL or another league but would you really want a roster update to have star NHL players on Euro clubs?
---
The Rodney Dangerfield of the POW... Formerly the GSB
The Amazing Viper is your new board savior - MantleNotMouse
#7RedDeerRebelPosted 9/7/2012 9:52:11 PM
Yeah we won't get rookies on the right rosters for sure, but as far as pro moves it'll be pretty up to date.
#8s0m3katPosted 9/8/2012 10:01:10 AM
Just as an FYI, the rosters on the early release basically have the first wave of FA signings, but are missing other things. For example, Suter and Parise are on Minny, but more recent moves have not been updated.

Also, many contracts that were extended have not been entered (simmonds is still an impending FA for Philly, for example). But for the most part, the rosters are pretty well updated. My guess is they will do an update before the actual release to fix any outstanding issues.

But I doubt they had any problems with the roster this year because of the labor stuff. Technically, the current CBA doesn't expire until 9/15, so until then, it's business as usual as far as EA is concerned.
---
PSN - somekat
#9j00kyPosted 9/9/2012 7:51:51 AM
Hudler is on the Calgary Flames roster so I'm assuming its the most up to date information they had at the time since he certainly didnt play for us last season.
#10FinalMix13Posted 9/9/2012 9:23:06 AM(edited)
I got the early release and nash isnt even on the rangers j.t brown who played 10 games with the bolts at the end of last season isnt in the game neither are the new rookies suter and parise r on the wild though they will probably have a roster update the day be4 the lockout for the current teams then we probably wont see more till the season begins