Why can I not knock people off the puck? Why can my opponents do it 100%?

#1AlphaLackeyPosted 11/1/2012 10:18:48 PM
I'm sure there must be some basic mechanic I'm missing, but this is one that eludes me still.

I posted about this in my "I can't win a game" thread, but it's the one area that I am showing zero improvement on, so here it is on its own.

Literally, any time I touch the opposing player, irrespective of what angle they are coming at me, irrespective of what size my player is, they will knock me off the puck at a minimum, if not send me on my feet.

Example: Ryan Clowe (notorious midget that he is) is coming up the side boards. When he curves to go around the end boards towards the behind-the-net area, someone checks him from behind at about a 45 degree angle. He goes flying.

Example #2. Jonathan Blum gets to the puck just ahead of timid wallflower Jerome Iginla, and shows no problems surviving the hit. While he is turning around, equally notorious midget Joe Thornton comes in at full speed and caroms off of Blum, who calmly passes the puck down the ice.

Clearly, simply moving the R stick to check is not getting the job done. What other buttons are people pushing at the same time? What unintended combination of actions makes anyone a bulldozer?

Conversely, what am I failing to do to make myself immune to bodychecks?

Anyone?
#2PhantomOTOPosted 11/4/2012 8:12:58 AM
I've also noticed that CPU players have no problem picking the puck right off my stick if I skate just a little too close to them. I haven't managed to do anything like that even once.

They also seem to beat me to every dumped puck no matter what.
#3Keebs05Posted 11/4/2012 12:06:48 PM
The body checking sliders are reversed in the game. Go to your sliders, max out the CPU sliders and drop the human sliders all the way down. Now the smallest guy on your team will send others flying.
---
"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away" R.I.P PFC Dusty Seidel
#4DoctorNekoPosted 11/4/2012 3:40:48 PM(edited)
Keebs05 posted...
The body checking sliders are reversed in the game. Go to your sliders, max out the CPU sliders and drop the human sliders all the way down. Now the smallest guy on your team will send others flying.

That has been fixed already.

[edit] Of course, that was in a recent patch. If TC has not patched fully, the sliders are indeed reversed.
---
Now playing:
NHL13, GW2, BF3
#5Jawbreaker87Posted 11/11/2012 11:07:22 PM
It's more like the guy your playing can poke check you from behind, steal the puck etc. without getting tripping, hooking or slashing penalties... Like if I do that it's a penalty. When the Minnisota Wild do it it's not a penalty and works.