The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Rangers or Kings

#1s0m3katPosted 11/2/2012 1:01:46 PM
I'm in my "Be a Pro" and just became a FA. I have a bunch of offers, but the 2 I am torn between are LA and the Rangers.

I am a RD, so I play with Doughty with LA, and Del Zotto with NYR, so I have a good d-pairing either way. Goalies are Quick and Lundqvist, so it's not like either is weak there.

With the Rangers, you have that crazy first line of Nash, Gaborik and Richards. With a 2nd line of Hagelin, Callahan and Stepan

With LA, you probably have a deeper 2nd line with Carter, Kopitar and Brown (They have Richards, Williams and Gagne as their top line)

Any opinions on who I should go with? I'm leaning towards these teams because they have the best top lines of the teams that made me offers (I would of signed with Philly regardless, but they didn't make an offer), and I want a team that will get me assists. I can score goals regardless of who I play with.
---
PSN - somekat
#2JDawg888Posted 11/2/2012 9:48:18 PM
Definetely LA, Delzotto is nice, but Drew Doughty is only 23 and is already a member of the triple gold club. Doughty>Delzotto
---
PSN Name:Hjonez777
Do you fear death?
#3tricky_onePosted 11/5/2012 10:55:38 PM
I was drafted by LA and I hate playing with Kopitar since he's a hog (I'm a RW). I started my second NHL season with a bang, 8 points in 3 games yet after getting no points in the fourth I was sent down to the second line for not meeting their scoring needs despite us being 4-0. Complained and got sent down to the third... what I'm trying to say is pick NYR.
---
PSN torlon
#4JDawg888Posted 11/5/2012 11:40:20 PM
Doughty>Delzotto

Plus RW is not RD
---
PSN Name:Hjonez777
Do you fear death?
#5s0m3kat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 6:47:14 AM
I went with LA, I decided on depth above star power. 10 games in, I have 4 goals, and 15 assists (Kopitar and Gagne are beasts).

For the record, although Doughty is awesome to play with (I have a few assists from him also), I just wanted to good defender next to me (Edmonton traded Whitney, whichleft me playing with Petry,who for some reason, Shcultz could not surplant). But all-in-all, my guy is a freak. I am 20, and already signifigantly better than Doughty (92 at 20, and have hardly worked on Defensive Awareness, so could shoot up to 95-96 pretty easy).

Overall, I'm happy with LA. As a Flyers fan, I just couldn't see myself helping the Rangers win a cup. At least this way, I am helping Flyers West (AKA the Kings)
---
PSN - somekat