The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Looking for general tips

#1TyphilaquilPosted 11/2/2012 8:53:18 PM
I realize that they made scoring harder now (at least, that's what I hear), but my first 3 ranked games have me thinking otherwise. I'm still fairly new to the franchise, so bare with me!

I don't want to use this as an excuse, but it seems that my opponents almost always score on breakaways with simple wrist shots and get all the lucky bounces.

In terms of defense, the only thing I can do well is stop one-timers. I usually sit back and let them come to me, but when it boils down to the 1v1 situations, I find that nothing works. What is the correct play in this situation?

As for offense, I've never been that great at one-timers, so I've relied on other moves. I've been trying to do dekes to fake out the goalie, but it never seems to work or I'm doing it wrong.

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated
#2CloneTheHeroPosted 11/2/2012 11:29:26 PM
Well my lad, during the last few updates, scoring goals is now probably the easiest thing in the game. ALL the lucky bounces go in, even the weak wrist shots from far away go in, its ridiculous really.

Heck, just a few nights ago I scored while trying to dump the puck, the puck went under the goaltenders pads. This other time my own freakin goaltender hit the puck in goal with his own stick while attempting a desperation save. Thats how incredibly ridiculous its gotten.

My advice? Get as many shots on goal as you can, the with goaltender pretty much non-existent now almost anything will go in. As for defense, just stay infront of your guy and frustrate him as much as possible,but that depends on your playing characteristics.
---
----------
PSN - Fatal error83