Which HUT Pack (w/ EA Pucks) is the best deal?

#1DreadnoughtXPosted 11/17/2012 7:51:45 AM
Hi, I am new to the mode and I wonder which Card pack is the most efficient deal for a new player to start developing some good decks? I have 2 preorder packs but seems to only get players w/ around 78-80 OVR frequently.

I wonder how I can start saving up so I will have a good lineup to play? Thanks.
#2tricky_onePosted 11/21/2012 10:37:11 PM
I heard Gold packs have the best value but 5k for beginners is too much to give up. Out of all the pre-order Gold packs and my own Golds, the best player I've got was an 83.

You're better off buying players from the auction house since you can get a couple of decent 80-85 players for 5k compared to the one low 80 player you get from Golds which are the cheapest packs you can buy that regularly give you 80s.

BTW, bronze packs only give out contracts, training, and healing cards. It is somethings worth buying them for contracts though you can often buy 6 contracts at 100 each randomly throughout the day to the 4 you get for 600 pucks.

I've finished building my team and only buy silver packs just to collect player cards and other random cards though they rarely give out players above 80.

So my advice is to use the auction house to buy your players since the packs are overpriced for the return. Sure you could get lucky and score an expensive player but more often then not you'll be getting a weak player for your hard earned pucks.
---
PSN torlon
#3ExBahamutPosted 11/23/2012 5:41:22 PM
if you have the pucks the t-giving mega packs (35k pucks, 6.99 cash) are by far the best. I bought three and got a SOTW karlsson, SOTW Lehtonen, and rick nash. they are very pricey but completely worth it. They are gone after midnight of 11/23 so make your choice asap.
---
"This hand of mine is burning red.. it's loud roar tells me to grasp victory.. erupting,burning,finger!"
FC: 3694 7024 7096
#4tripZ504Posted 11/23/2012 7:55:04 PM
I play hut a lot and I find the packs aren't worth it. If you watch the auctions you can get away better deals. Picked up Marty brodeur for 150 arnott for 200. Can't rembered his name but the rangers G for 200 too. I tried the promo pack and got nothing better than what I already had
#5DreadnoughtX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 2:44:10 PM
Thanks everyone! Yea... I start to keep using Trading more and more now. I have some decent players on my team now (85ish) but just whenever you connect online you run into an All-Star team seems to be kinda meh :(

So the only sure way to get 90+ players is to pay cash or have 10000+ pucks?
#6tripZ504Posted 12/1/2012 2:37:50 PM
DreadnoughtX posted...
Thanks everyone! Yea... I start to keep using Trading more and more now. I have some decent players on my team now (85ish) but just whenever you connect online you run into an All-Star team seems to be kinda meh :(

So the only sure way to get 90+ players is to pay cash or have 10000+ pucks?

Ya. Get a lucky pack, trade. Better luck at auction than packs tho. The iPhone app is very handy. I would have missed a lot of deals.
---
YouTube - tripz504
#7tripZ504Posted 12/1/2012 2:41:52 PM
You can always farm an off line tourney. Pretty well why cards are so high. Start with the rookie cup. If you get good do it with the harder ones. Easy pucks.
---
YouTube - tripz504
#8DreadnoughtX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 6:37:47 PM
tripZ504 posted...
You can always farm an off line tourney. Pretty well why cards are so high. Start with the rookie cup. If you get good do it with the harder ones. Easy pucks.

Yea.. I have been playing some offline tourney. But is kind of pointless if you are just going to play offline against computers if you are going to play HUT.