The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

The Gliches Are Driving Me Crazy - A Story of a Be a Pro Ruined

#1VeronicatheCDPosted 11/22/2012 10:39:35 AM
Just got done playing my first player out of the OHL, or so I had thought. Created her with a 75 overall rating and built my way up to 90 after the first season, 96 after the second, get drafted at 1st round, 1st pick. Well, after that my stats suddenly fell to 88 overall (at age 17, almost 18), but I thought maybe because the NHL is tougher they adjusted the stats. I play through the first three games of the preseason as a third line sniper, getting 8 goals, 1 assist in the first game - 6 goals, 0 assists in the second game, the GM says my making the pro roster is guaranteed, play the third game with 6 goals, 3 assists, and boom I'm sent back to the Saginaw Spirit. What's worse, while I was the captain in the first line after leaving, I'm suddenly a third liner in the OHL again! What is the idea behind that?

I've also noticed that the other two players I created, a center at 68 and goalie at 70 - neither increased in their ratings in the previous season in the off season. The players who already existed or were created by the computer still boosted in stats every year. Also, when I went from the OHL (where I accepted no touch icings) to the NHL, the no touch icings carried over - very realistic.

The gameplay glitches are pretty bad too - I've noticed players where their sticks maybe could hit my front skate, skating behind me, could sometimes steal the puck that is at least three feet from their sticks, that my team never steals the puck nearly as easily, that it counts every time you lose the puck, but knocking the puck carrier down and stealing the puck - that doesn't count (did it 4 times in one game and had two takeaways at the end). It is a game that was not ready for release.
#2VeronicatheCD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 11:14:26 AM
I should add - with my 88 rating, I was still the best rated player on the team - the next best was an 84. I was rated well, was producing at levels that would make Gretzky drool, and yet booted back down.

I've also noticed that the play after the whistle is bogus - you don't have enough time to start a fight if you want to most of the time and the calls that do happen tend to go in the wrong way. Take a shot at the blue line and they call you offsides? Well, you get chased after by one guy, who will crash and bang into you like crazy - never gets called unless you keep skating towards them, not hitting - only skating, holding your ground. I've been called either with them or alone for roughing much more than they've had the penalty.
#3VeronicatheCD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 8:47:54 PM
Correction, I reviewed my previous season expectations and I was 88 in the year before, it took me about back to where I was before the last season.
#4CloneTheHeroPosted 11/23/2012 2:11:32 AM
Yea be a pro is glitche heaven which is why I stopped playing it after my stats kept decreasing! Play EASHL, it's the same thing only youre competing online, so fun.
---
----------
PSN - Fatal error83
#5VeronicatheCD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 12:54:33 PM
Well, I have no interest in online play. Not only am I pretty sure it would be glitchy, but it defeats the purpose of letting me play when I want, for how long I want, as greedily as I want.
#6CloneTheHeroPosted 11/23/2012 7:58:46 PM
VeronicatheCD posted...
Well, I have no interest in online play. Not only am I pretty sure it would be glitchy, but it defeats the purpose of letting me play when I want, for how long I want, as greedily as I want.

If you have a good connection there's nothing to worry about, I haven't had any problems with it, and it's not nearly as glitchy as Be A Pro. It's hella fun if you have a mic, I started a club and I'm looking for players.. so if you change your mind let me know :P
---
----------
PSN - Fatal error83
#7tripZ504Posted 11/24/2012 7:48:49 AM
CloneTheHero posted...
VeronicatheCD posted...

If you have a good connection there's nothing to worry about, I haven't had any problems with it, and it's not nearly as glitchy as Be A Pro. It's hella fun if you have a mic, I started a club and I'm looking for players.. so if you change your mind let me know :P

Exactly. I haven't touched offline in years. The face off loop was he only problem but was quicky fixed
#8CloneTheHeroPosted 11/24/2012 7:48:54 PM
Yea plus it's always fun watching people rage quit during a shutout, computers don't rage quit unfortunately.

And there's something about checking a human player into oblivion, then watch the replay and you can't help but giggle a little :D

lol
---
----------
Currently Playing: Tales of Graces, Gran Turismo 5, NHL 13 PSN - Fatal error83
#9VeronicatheCD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 7:57:12 PM
Never had a problem with failing to giggle after checking a computer player back into the bench.
#10CloneTheHeroPosted 11/25/2012 1:48:03 AM
VeronicatheCD posted...
Never had a problem with failing to giggle after checking a computer player back into the bench.

xD

:P
---
----------
Currently Playing: Tales of Graces f, Gran Turismo 5, NHL 13 / PSN - Fatal error83