The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Breakaways...

#1joravecPosted 11/24/2012 10:01:09 PM
I've been playing a lot of Online Vs., and I've been able to put a pretty decent record together. I can score somewhat consistently when the game doesn't decide to activate goddamn super goalie mode, but the thing that I cannot seem to get the hang of are breakaways. My success rate is something like 10%, which is atrocious. My go-to move in practice is usually backhand deke to forehand wrister while cutting across the crease right in front of the net. I can get something like half of them to go in during practice, but in a game, I am terribly hit-and-miss. I've seen a few videos online, but none of them have really helped. What advice do you guys have for me?
#2The Amazing ViperPosted 11/27/2012 10:32:09 AM
You and everyone else have that same go to move lol. Anywho, do a fake shot before going backhand forehand. This drops the goalie to butterfly more often than not. Making him bite more on the backhand and fall by the time you go forehand.
---
The Rodney Dangerfield of the POW... Formerly the GSB
The Amazing Viper is your new board savior - MantleNotMouse
#3DreadnoughtXPosted 11/28/2012 12:13:55 AM
The Amazing Viper posted...
You and everyone else have that same go to move lol. Anywho, do a fake shot before going backhand forehand. This drops the goalie to butterfly more often than not. Making him bite more on the backhand and fall by the time you go forehand.

How do you do a fake shot?
#4The Amazing ViperPosted 11/28/2012 10:03:54 AM
Click the right stick in. If you are facing the net you will kick your leg out for a fake shot. If you face away from the net and do this you will do a fake pass.
---
#5MastaPiffPosted 12/14/2012 4:37:27 PM
^2nd post exactly... Only person you'll fool with that is CPU goalie, it is literally every players move. R3 before you fake backhand works exactly like posted above & well bump your success % up quite a bit.

When you got that down & need more variety I would try to practice simple L1 dekes... You wanna stick to quick dekes that don't make you lose momentum. I recommend forehand to backhand crossover or even tap L2 while deking to rotate your player just enough to get the goalie "loose" (by loose I mean moving out of position giving you a better opening).

R3 to open is basic but definitely effective. Use it til you're sick of it... Then try the other simple stuff. Practice is good for muscle memory but when online I notice a lot of times I mess up a deke just because I get excited on a breakaway online & you don't get that intensity from a practice, so R3 then do your deke in games til there's no pressure. Good luck, hope this helps...
---
"I will get my revenge!" (>_<)
#6The Amazing ViperPosted 12/17/2012 11:36:43 AM
For human goalies less is more. I usually go with the fake shot then backhand by the top of the circles. I hold backhand with the right stick then jerk the left stick to the right then back left (I'm righty) before stuffing it in backhand. The goalie usually jumps over towards forehand side.
---